“Nice food, but...”

Ranked #4,097 of 17,628 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

...as seems the case with many Parisian brasseries, the service is a bit slow/average.

Food and decor was very nice though. Perhaps we just had a bad waiter.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We went on a Monday night when half of all places are closed. It narrowed the choices but we were pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere is pure Paris bar/cafe. Waiter was friendly and attentive. The food was good. Smoked salmon appetizer was as good as we've had anywhere. The wine was good and fair priced. Overall an excellent choice for a Monday in Paris. We'll be back!

2  Thank exptravelor
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Food is basic and not very good; ordinary paris Bistrot; I would go else where if I have the option...

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We were walking past to another restaurant and found this little gem. There were loads of locals which is always a good sign. My son had the rump steak and the best chips we've ever had, I ate the beef with scalloped potatoes and my partner had a salad. Great food, great service. We are planning to return tomorrow.

1  Thank Alicesmith1000
Reviewed November 20, 2013

They serve excellent wines by the glass for about 5€ (about $7USD), or bottles for around 25€ ($35 USD). The specials of the day were either lotte (Monkfish) or a "Poire de Salers" which is a cut of Salers beef from the upper thigh. Like Aubrac, Salers is a top quality beef (like Bresse for chickens), so I ordered the special for 18,30€ (about $25 USD) which came with a small salad made with AGED balsamic, shallots and grape tomatoes, a potato gratin that was HUGE, rich, and comforting, and best of all the beef was wonderfully tender and cooked bleu (raw on inside) with a little toothpick showing a blue cow)! I usually don't sauce my steak, but the morel mushroom sauce was so addictive, I would have drunk it without any meat!

2  Thank elainetravels