“Elegant restaurant, attentive service, heavenly food”

Restaurant Le Meurice Alain Ducasse
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Description: The two Michelin-starred Restaurant le Meurice Alain Ducasse celebrates Ducasse’s culinary philosophy under the mastery of executive chef Amaury Bouhours. In a reinterpretation of classic haute cuisine, dedicated to great subtlety and technical skill, exceptional ingredients remain true to their authentic flavours. Inspired by the Salon de la Paix at the Chateau de Versailles, the majestic setting has been carefully enhanced by more playful touches, creating a beautiful backdrop for an unforgettable dining experience.
Reviewed June 30, 2016

The dining room evokes classical elegance with rococo touches. Service is paramount; several servers wait on you throughout the evening, efficiently and nicely; they even give your purse a stand. Food was fresh and subtly complex--I was afraid the understated and minimalist approach I have heard of would disappoint but it did not. My husband and I came here for a lunch prix fixe. Beautiful experience.

Date of visit: July 2015
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur du restaurant le Meurice Alain Ducasse at Restaurant Le Meurice Alain Ducasse, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2016

Dear Madam,

I would like to personally thank you for leaving such a positive feedback on le Meurice Alain Ducasse.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your lunch in our restaurant le Meurice Alain Ducasse, the dining room as well as the “subtly complex” cuisine and service provided by our entire staff.

Please be assured that I have shared your comments with the teams who were, just like me, so honoured to read them.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed June 22, 2016

We had the standard lunch menu at this famous-chef restaurant, with high expectations. The historic space is beautiful, though not the contemporary decorative touches. The service is professional and discrete, and the bread pretty good. We enjoyed the amuse-bouche: the emphasis here is on the presentation, but the taste did not lag far behind. What we found very mediocre were the starter and main dish. The sauce was rather overwhelming for the fish, but even without the sauce the fish didn't really stand up to expectations for fresh fish. Was it fresh at all, we wondered. The most disappointing was the chicken. The strawberry tart was certainly large, but nothing exceptional. It is hard to believe this restaurant maintains its two Michelin stars. In my opinion, it doesn't deserve any star. Surely the high prices in no way correspond to the quality of the food. And a glass of a good, but not that special, red wine, will set you off 50 Euros.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank hypsilon
LeMeuriceParis, Director of Restaurant le Meurice Alain Ducasse at Restaurant Le Meurice Alain Ducasse, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback further to your recent visit in our restaurant le Meurice Alain Ducasse.

I’ve been very sorry to read that your experience did not meet your expectations. Your comments are important to us and be assured that they have been shared with our entire teams.

Thank you again.

Reviewed June 20, 2016

This restaurant has a beautiful dining room, fine service and very delicious bread. Unfortunately, that is the sum total of positive things that I can say. If I could give less than one star for our lunch, I would. The fact that this restaurant has two Michelin stars is disgraceful. I have eaten at many two and three Michelin star restaurants including those under the Alain Ducasse name but none have been as disappointing as this one. To start with a little steamer of vegetables with blocks of Himalayan pink salt were rendered practically inedible due to the extreme saltiness caused by the beautiful blocks of salt. This was served with a black olive sauce which would reappear later in the meal. Next, there were more of these vegetables beautifully arranged in a green sauce that was so bitter, it caused the tiny vegetables to become bitter as well. We were told the sauce was made from arugula and parsley, however it's impossible for even the most bitter arugula to be so extremely bitter. Next, half a slice of a terrine with chicken, foie, mushrooms etc was delicious but the pastry it was encased in was so hard that anyone with dental issues would have been in serious trouble. Next, a tiny (maybe 2" x 1" x 1/4") piece of fish on top of a gritty/sandy salad of mediocre, overdressed greens was augmented by the black olive sauce we encountered at the beginning of our meal with the tiny salty steamed vegetables. Finally, dessert was half a chocolate custard pie, sliced in half at the table by a server who ceremoniously wears a white glove to shave some mediocre chocolate on top. I prefer desserts that are not too sweet but this one had so little sweetness, it was as though the pastry chef was trying to remind the diner that this meal should end with some more bitterness and the return of hard pastry as this crust was harder still than the one that came with the terrine. To end, €14 cups of coffee came at least with a little box of albeit delicious chocolates. Every course is served on a plate of maybe 6" in diameter further pointing out the preciousness of the meal. Strangely, despite the tiny food, one leaves feeling quite full from the food. Perhaps it was the bread that did it as that was really the only thing that tasted good, that and the €30 glass of wine. I will happily pay much, much more than the €300 we paid for this lunch, but honestly, Mr. Ducasse should be ashamed of himself for serving such dishes of inedible food. I have long been a fan of his having eaten at his restaurants in Monte Carlo, on Avenue Raymond-Poincare in Paris, at the Essex House in New York among others, and all of those meals were spectacularly delicious. The failure of the food at Le Meurice makes me seriously doubt any Alain Ducasse restaurant and the the Michelin system. This was our first meal in Paris on this trip and a terrible way to start. Thankfully other restaurants more than made up for this grandest of disappointments.

PS somewhat against our will, we ate at the Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester in London which thankfully made up for the many shortcomings in Paris. That restaurant is fully deserving of its three Michelin stars!

Date of visit: May 2016
3  Thank Yeng W

Dear Guest,

I’ve been very sorry to read that your experience in our restaurant did not meet your expectations. Your comments are important to us and be assured they have been shared with our teams. We work each day on improving our quality standards and will take your comments into account.

I do sincerely hope to be able to welcome you back.

Thank you again.

Reviewed June 7, 2016

The beautiful dining room set the tone for a wonderful lunch. The food was excellent and the service was warm, personable and professional.
Our glasses were always full, more bread was always offered and the courses well explained.
This is dining at the highest level.
Hopefully one day we will be able to return.

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank billeclass1
LeMeuriceParis, Director of Restaurant le Meurice Alain Ducasse at Restaurant Le Meurice Alain Ducasse, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2016

Dear Sir,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your lunch in our restaurant le Meurice Alain Ducasse, the dining room as well as the “excellent” cuisine and service provided by our entire staff.

Please be assured that I have shared your comments with the teams who were, just like me, so honoured to read your comments.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were in awe of the dining room. We immediately thought that the food wouldn't stand up to the ambiance but we were wrong. Stand outs were the chicken (yes chicken) and the lobster. I can't wait to go back!

Date of visit: May 2016
LeMeuriceParis, Director of restaurant le Meurice Alain Ducasse at Restaurant Le Meurice Alain Ducasse, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind words with us.

I am delighted to read that the experience was up to your expectations, that you enjoyed the meals served and were stunned by the decor of the dining room.
Be assured that I will share your comments with all our teams, as it is a great reward for them.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again soon at Le Meurice.

Director of restaurant le Meurice Alain Ducasse