“Our favorite neighborhood bistro of the trip!”
Review of Le Mesturet

Le Mesturet
Ranked #873 of 20,457 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vivienne
Description: Le Mesturet is a classic Parisian bistro located in the heart of Paris between the Grand Boulevards and the Louvre Museum.Passionate about what they do, Alain Fontaine, the owner, and his chef, Pascal Brot, are the creative forces behind Le Mesturet’s traditional French cuisine. With the help of their energetic dining room and the kitchen teams they have created an exceptional restaurant where you can enjoy lunch and dinner.You will love our typical French dishes, home-made desserts, wine menu filled with discoveries and bistro atmosphere.We have two air-conditioned dining areas available for large groups, anniversaries and other events: there is our main dining room, decorated in a cosy “old Paris” style, which seats 86 as well as an additional dining room that seats 30. Welcome !
Reviewed July 21, 2016

This was a GREAT neighborhood bistro - warm atmosphere with lots of laughter and talking. Lots of Paris classics on the menu but not obsessively so for tourists - there are lots of fun twists. There were also lots of locals. As we looked over the menu and turned to our phones to translate a few words we didn't know (I think there were English menus but we wanted to give it a go!), a couple next to us turned our way and asked, "So what kind of food do you like?" They lived nearby and go to Le Mesturet every week. They told us their favorites and helped us pick a bottle of wine. It was amazing! The food was absolutely delicious - each course was perfect. The service was wonderful and the value exceptional. I would recommend a reservation on weekends.

Date of visit: September 2015

Reviewed July 21, 2016 via mobile

We ate dinner here with both kids and a dog in our party, and they were so accommodating with great customer service. The food was delicious and offered something for everyone. Very classically Parisian dishes with a modern twist. We had a great time here!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

Wife & I LOVED this place!!
Tidy interior, warm & inviting. Staff was beyond compare for service & friendliness. Gave us a wonderful window table for four, took our drink order immediately.
Service was soooo prompt throughout the meal.
Our eggplant & goat cheese appetizer was fantastic! Best goat cheese I have ever eaten.
My stuffed chicken was perfect, tender, moist, perfect.
My wife's poached cod was delicious.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 29, 2016 via mobile

I rarely write such bad comments, but this place made me want to express myself in a different way.
I ordered their vegetarian dish with truffle seasoning that came in completely cold (only plate was hot). I asked them to heat it a bit more and it came back in 5 minutes a bit warmer. I decided to give it a try anyway and was absolutely shocked by lack of taste and creativity. Those were literally boiled vegetables with some tasteless seasoning.
When I complained to the manager they looked surprised and said that it is strange because usually it is one of the tastiest dishes. Well I really doubt that. I also think it is completely crazy to charge 18€ for boiled carrots and broccoli.

Date of visit: March 2016
2  Thank GeorgeGii
Reviewed June 16, 2016 via mobile

Good and friendly service. Food was excellent and pretty good value, probably 4.5 stars to be honest. Just does not quite make it to 5 stars by being excellent across the board, although not helped by serving food on a slate (just use plates!)

Date of visit: June 2016