“Truly Exceptional.......”

Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Traralgon
“Truly Exceptional.......”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Another dinner at Le Jules Verne and another memorable evening. Visited this time for our sons 18th birthday, the views, the food, the memories are all definitely worth the spend. The night we dined there were many families and all were made very welcome, don't let any of the reviews put you off taking well behaved children. The only down side to this visit is that they no longer offer any food choice just the degustation and whilst this was great the menu choice I believe was a much better concept and is still offered for lunch.

We booked months in advance however we have also got a reservation on the day of dining so don't be put off by the supposed long waiting list and get your hotel concierge to check for availability.

Enjoy!!!!

• Turkish first
Oberalm
“Unforgettable evening”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I invited my wife to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary there. Having booked well in advance (3 months ahead) we got a table at the window with a fantastic view over Paris. We had to decide between a 5- (fish or meat as a main course) and a 6-course tasting menu (fish and meat ). We chose the 5-course tasting menue (at € 185.- for each Person) but did not order the wine-pairing which seemed to expensive for the wines suggested. All the courses (warm green asparagus with truffle mousseline/ roasted thick medallion of veal, blanquette style vegetables) were at the level of 1 Michelin star except the green pea cream with king crab and gold caviar which was too less flavoured and tasted somehow boring. An extrem delight were the deserts: the pineapple tian with ginger-passion fruit reduction as well as the crispy "Tower nut" Praline and chocolate.
All in all we paid around € 500.- which is not too much for this unforgettable evening.
Pictures of some of the mentioned dishes to be found here:
www.spitzenrestaurants.at/frankreich/

Visited April 2014
MI
“expensive,worth the reviews”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Definitely memorable"exception" menu...once in a lifetime experience because it is almost 200 euros per person..

3 Thank susbal
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
“Unmemorable Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

My wife and I spent our 10 year anniversary in Paris. We decided to celebrate by eating at Jules Verne. The entrance is unique-a private elevator up to the restaurant in the Eiffel Tower. We were excited to dine at such a unique setting.

We were greeted warmly downstairs as we waited for the elevator. The experience went downhill from there...

The gentleman that escorted us in the elevator seemed very bored and somewhat annoyed. After exiting the elevator, we were escorted to our table that had an excellent view of the city. That was the highlight of the dinner.

I was told by a co-worker of mine who is French that there would be no issues with my inability to speak French. The server was not amused by this. I could not hear her and when I asked her what she was serving us, her demeanor changed for the worse. I thought I may have broken some protocol until the Italian couple beside us asked the same question. She was bubbly and very conversational with them.

The food was average at best-especially considering the price of the dinner and the service was just rude. We were glad we had the opportunity to eat there but won't do it again.

2 Thank Yent67
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Oh la la!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Le Jules Verne. I loved the way we were made to feel "VIP's". The food delicious and the service impeccable. By far the most dramatic restaurant setting we have ever enjoyed. A wonderful choice to celebrate a special event.

• Visited March 2014