“Lives up to the hype”

Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Los Angeles
“Lives up to the hype”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Like a lot of reviewers I had my doubts but I don't get many opportunities to visit a two star restaurant. We opted for the 90E lunch rather than the 225E dinner. It was everything I could have hoped for. Great table, fantastic food, attentive but not obsequious service. One thing I didn't really think about until later ...the view is unobstructed by any glare from inside the restaurant. They smartly installed special glass which does not reflect the lights. I expect it makes an even bigger difference at night.
I know it's in one of the biggest tourist attractions in the world but at the three tables nearest us they were speaking only French.
It was one of the highlights of our trip.
Visit the website and make your reservation as early as they will allow. I think it's two months but can't remember exactly.

• Visited September 2013

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
International
“Tremendous view, good food, costly”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The title says it all really. I was there with a dear member of my family that every now and then dines at the JV so this ensured we had a nice window seat. Bluntly put: If you do not get one of these then coming here is a bit pointless.

Not to say the food isn't worth it: It is very good indeed; the St Jacques were stunning! Likewise, the service was at par with what you expect for such an establishment.

But it certainly is not cheap! This is a place you need do once but it is all down to the view and that's what you pay for. Without it I'd have second thoughts versus other Paris options....

• Visited January 2013
Jersey, United Kingdom
“The food as good as the view”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Booked the lunch tasting menu with wines and to say I had my doubts as to how good it would be was an understatement ! . On arrival we had a very warm welcome ,followed by a very good window table and then the food was as fantastic as the view ! together with some very well matched wines to the food and very good service .

I Would say that it was good value for money because it was a excellent all round , also not that I know the price for a ticket up the tower ? but if you take that off the bill and no queuing ! priceless .

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Hair in entree. Shell in main course”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Arrived for 350 euro lunch for our 20th wedding anniversary. First issue: despite the web site saying window side table you dont always get this it is based on when you book. Second issue: my wife ordered crab which arrived complete with 3 inch hair. They replaced the meal. Third issue: the main arrived with what should have been shelled shrimps/ prawns. My wife finished up with two mouthful of shell. They offered to replace but she declined. The restaurant tried to compensate with chocolate tarte and glasses of port. We declined arguing it was not quantity we wanted but quality. It is after all a one star restaurant. To highlight how much they dont get it the bill arrived 445 euro thank you very much. 30 minutes later we had negotiated a 180 euro discount. We wont be back and we will do our best to make sure others are warned.

2 Thank Vicfoodi
Johns Creek, Georgia
“Good, but not worth the price”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Located at the top of the Eifel Tower, Jules Verne provides a great view of Paris and offers a very interesting and delicious menu. We enjoyed our lunch but found the service to be slow (we didn't want to be rushed but at times there was too much time between courses) and the prices to be high (nearly 450 euros for lunch for 2 and a bottle of wine).

Visited November 2013