“fresh seafood”

Le Grand Cafe Capucines
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Le Grand Cafe Capucines is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,492 of 18,205 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Description: The restaurant's refined decor is a faithful illustration of the Art Nouveau style, with its original mosaics and its crystal Saint-Louis chandeliers a truly Parisian institution located on the Place des Ternes. The head chef prepares a refined, traditional French cuisine using the freshest ingredients. An immensely popular restaurant with both Parisians and discerning tourists, who appreciate beautifully prepared food. --Veritable insitution parisienne de la place des Ternes, son decor raffine est fidele au style "Art Nouveau" avec ses mosaiques d'origine et ses lustres de cristal de Saint-Louis, le Chef de cuisine propose une carte traditionnelle raffinee offrant un large choix de produits frais. Son banc d'ecailles en est d'ailleurs une belle illustration.
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

decided to give myself a treat as it was Christmas eve. contrary to the reviews, service was fairly good and the waitress dedicated to my table made a special request to have my lobster done differently which was delicious. i also observed that most tables have ordered the seafood plater so perhaps thats their specialty.
however, I do agree that the service from other waiters were extremely rude.will definitely recommend this place especially if you are in the vicinity.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,892)

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I would recommend to go to le Grand Cafe Capucines for a coffee or tea in the afternoon like we did with my friend. The location is nice, just near l'Opera and les Grands magasins (Galeries Lafayette, le Printemps) and the decor is very very beautiful Art Deco. It was even more enchanting because of all the special lightings and decorations for Christmas. I cannot comment on the food because we only had a cafe creme and a hot chocolate, I also cannot say much about the service which was very limited for us, but, when we had a look at the menu I realised that the prices were quite high so I was happy we didn't sit there for lunch or dinner. The staircase leading to the first floor room (and the restrooms) is beautiful, the lamps, and the ceilings are all d'epoque, you almost feel you are at the end of the 19th Century and that one of the famous "demi-mondaine", Liane de Pougy or la Belle Otero will walk passed you, unfortunately it is not the case. For us we had a lovely time there before going to see the Christmas window displays at le Printemps and Galeries Lafayette, which were a big disappointment. Where are the magical window displays of my childhood, with the animated toys creating an enchanting World. These windows displays were just a commercial instrument for Christian Dior and Louis Vuitton bags and perfumes, that's not the spirit of Christmas.

1  Thank Jeanne70
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The beginning went very well, polite welcome and we were promptly seated. We had chosen this place for the convenient location not realizing where we were. We ordered four glasses of champagne but instead decided to get the bottle. This is where the problems started-first they tried to open a second bottle, and when we refused thay insisted that we had ordered four BOTTLES! Then, our wine choice was not available so they gave us another year without informing us. Meanwhile all the food except the fresh oysters, tasted like it had come out of a can, just for tourist tast-buds!
As we were getting our main courses we ordered another bottle of wine (for 6 people) and it arrived after we finished our meals. When we did not want it, I was told that we were behaving like average, arrogant, Americans.
After the bill arrived we noticed that we had been charged for two bottles of wine. When we asked for the bill to be corrected, the waiter did so while insisting again that we had originally ordered 4 bottles of champagne! Upon paying the bill the hostess came up to me to apologize for all the mix-ups and asked if I would like to speak to the manager. The manager turned out to be the waiter who changed the bill! He told me that my friends were simple, that I was arrogant and pretending to be someone who I am not!
I would say that without a doubt that this establishment should be blacklisted!

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Don't recommend this place, bad food (medium steak was burned) rude staff and manager, tried to charge us for things never served, when we showed the mistake, called us "Typical rude Americans" and practically kicked us out! Paid over 400? without eating decent meal!

1  Thank Berdush
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The price for dinner is not cheap,near 120 euro,but restoran food is great!I always came to this restoran when i in Paris.Most of all i like langoustin flambe,it is realy great!!!