“A nice place for refreshment.”
Review of Le Fumoir

Le Fumoir
Reserve with
Le Fumoir is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #392 of 18,127 Restaurants in Paris
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Le Fumoir is well located near to the Louvre to provide refreshment after having schlepped around Paris all day. Inside is clean and classic French, and the seating outside heated by patio heaters. Service is reasonable and there is a wide choice from the day menu. It is good to enjoy a beer or two and watch the world go by. BUT, why is it SO expensive? This applies in general to Paris. An arm and a leg job these days.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,128)

Reviewed February 2, 2013

My partner and I were looking forward to a romantic dinner in Paris for my birthday. A friend who lives locally had recommended this restaurant, we visited it on a Friday night and made sure to reserve days in advance.
The restaurant was very crowded and noisy, which is fine, however due to the table setting it was not a peaceful experience.
Service was efficient and courteous, but really too fast. The pace at which they deliver the dishes are more London style than Parisian.
The real disappointment is the food:
We both had scallops at starter. They were cooked in the shelf as opposed to grilled and poorly seasoned, as a result pretty tasteless.
Faux filet was tender as expected but again lacking flavours. My partners cod was shiny and melting in the mouth but very watery.
Desserts are probably assembled hours in advance, cafeteria style. The orange cake was unacceptability burnt on the surface.
Overall poor experience and poor value for money.

2  Thank JeanPierreBrighton
Reviewed January 29, 2013

It is perfect place for a romantic but cool dinner... or with your closest friend...or with your mother... very good ambiance...chic foods...I highly recommend this place...but you must certainly book for dinner, it is very easy to book on the web site... enjoy it..

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We popped in here on a Sunday midst sightsee to the Louvre. Waitress was really friendly and informed us that there was a wait for Sunday brunch however, we were welcome to sit at the front and dine from the bar menu. Ingredients were fresh and she helped me pick an appropriate glass of wine to have with my meal. Apple pie dessert was divine. We had a lovely seat with sun streaming through the window. Would love to go back and try the restaurant menu - only reason I haven't rated this a five...

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stumbled into this place on a whim- and I am so happy that I did! The food is fantastic and it is a very fun atmosphere to eat in! I was basically eating in a library. I highly recommend this restaurant.