“Amazing food, exceptional service”
Review of Le Florimond

Le Florimond
Ranked #102 of 18,356 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were recently in Paris and ate at Le Florimond. At the suggestion of friends we made reservations at this restaurant & I called to book the reservation (you will need to pre-book as the restaurant is busy & quite small) from Toronto. Our daughter has a gluten & dairy allergy & I was concerned about her options n Paris. When I told the host this over the phone he told me not to worry & that they would ensure that she had something to eat. He was kind & set my mind at ease. Three weeks later when we arrived at the restaurant he was true to his word. Not only were there options for her but he spent a lot of time with her explaining what was in the various meals & his recommendations. He was outstanding (& I am so sorry that I don't remember the host's name) & we were all very grateful that he made our meal easy & provided peace of mind. The food when it arrived was wonderful - each of our meals were fabulous & it was an all round terrific evening. Highly recommend.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This restaurant gives such a personal and warm touch to the service that complements the incredible and unusual offerings on the menu. I have been going to this restaurant since 1994 and it is consistently excellent, and the same folks greet us at the door and manage the place! It is a tiny place and has many local regulars, so be sure to reserve at table! They not only speak english but are delightful with Americans. I must say, I have treated my Parisian friends to dinner here and they enjoyed their meals so much that they returned to the place on their own. That is a testament to Le Florimond in itself!

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Food: 1/5
The lobster ravioli was so tasteless, my wife and I felt like we were eating air. For my main dish I had the slow cooked beef which tasted like a college student's poor attempt at a crockpot meal.
I was so excited for dessert because I thought there was no way they could screw it up, but sure enough the puff pastry tasted like it was made without sugar. We tasted pastries far superior at any of the local pastry shops for a fraction of the cost.

Service: 2/5
Our waitress was kind enough, though lacked the competence of a great server. First, she came to our table and didn't have the specials memorized and had to read from a chalkboard. Secondly, she overcharged us by 17€ for our wine! This has never happened to me EVER.

Atmosphere: 1/5
It's deafeningly quiet in the place. The tables are jammed next to each other and you can here every murmur from both sides. They need to play music or something because it's incredibly uncomfortable.

All in all, easily the worst meal and experience we had on our 2 week Europe vacation.

1  Thank Tim P
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Both Rick Steves and Trip Advisor rated this well. Great find. Like many Paris restaurants, it was small, so get a reservation. They speak English so that helps. They have a great set menu but you can also pick and choose from the specials. I had the most unique appetizer in my life. It is going to sound weird, but is was to die for--Avacado mousse and asparagus spears sprinkled with cocoa powder. Incredible. I also got the stuffed cabbage I had read about. Not fancy, but incredibly tasty and soaking up the sauce with my bread was heavenly. We did this the first night upon arrival and it set a standard for the trip. Never did have a better appetizer. And the service was perfect. We arrived at 7 and were the first there. Like most restaurants in France, they all seem to fill between 7:30 and 8. But get that reservation. all the tables had a reserved sign at 7

4  Thank ScottyP1952
Reviewed April 25, 2014

From the moment we entered Le Florimond, we felt so comfortable. We did make an 8:00 reservation, good idea in this small restaurant. The host is incredibly friendly, fully conversant in English, anxious to explain the menu. Wait staff is young, and very charming. Food was inventive,
beautifully presented, and quite good. Prix Fixe was ample, choices varied. Desserts were delicious. So good, we returned on our last night in Paris.

2  Thank Cari H