“Wonderful restaurant with attentive staff”
Review of Le Florimond

Le Florimond
Ranked #63 of 17,515 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My last dinner in Paris was at Le Florimond. The whole meal was fabulous. Even though most Americans don't like blood sausage I had it in my first course of Croque Monsieur and it tasted wonderful. The bread was also homemade. The main course was of veal stuffed with other meats. Very rich and good. My chocolate desert was to die for! Some of the recipes are from the family recipe box. The staff was very helpful and everything was served promptly and accurately.

There are newer reviews for Le Florimond

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Food to perfection -confit de canard, langustines, ravioli de hommard, etc. Wonderful warm service. Excellent value. Small but nice place. Go there!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Good menu with a good selection of wines. Friendly staff that spoke English. We were a group of 10 guests and they tried very hard (and without complaints) to give us the best service with all dishes arriving at the same time and not complaining when we all wanted to share the bill. I will go back for the service even if the food was not exceptional.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

With only five nights in Paris on this most recent trip, we planned carefully and included Florimond based on so many positive reviews in several sources. Unfortunately, it was our least satisfying meal. Yes, the service is friendly, the atmosphere is that of a cheerful neighborhood bistro, and the prices are reasonable. But the ultimate test is what appears on your plate. Some of the flavors were bold and others bland, and overall, in my humble opinion, not that well executed.

Another reviewer raved about the choux farci (grandmother's stuffed cabbage). I ordered it, and found it awful, watered down meatloaf drowning in onion soup. The assiette de carrottes de chez Joel au safran, chantille de petit suisse featured a saffron sauce that was not terribly subtle and whipped cream that just didn't work. My wife's escargot/leek entree and duck confit main were competent, but nothing to make us rush back.

The mix of tourists and locals was about 50/50. The service was a little too blase for my taste. In a city of so many options, I Iam surprised at all the rave reviews. There is much better on offer. While the prices are modest, so are the accomplishments.

2  Thank ulysses4
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Amazing three course dinner with great food and service. Risotto w/scallops and touch of tandoori spice... perfect touch. The dessert sampler was also great... make sure you book in advance, all tables were booked and nice mix of locas and tourists.

1  Thank cejiri