“If you're not starving give this one a pass”

L'Ete en Pente Douce
Ranked #2,926 of 17,515 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montmartre
Description: Away from the crowds on a classic neighborhood corner, offers fine indoor and outdoor seating, €10 plats du jour and €13 salads, veggie options, and good wines (daily, hike from Sacré-Coeur basilica away from tourist zone and down the stairs)
Reviewed October 28, 2012

There are many decent, good and excellent restaurants in this area. This one is unfortunately just decent. So if you're not too tired just walk down the stairs to Cheri Bibi or up the stairs to Au Clocher de Montmartre. This was my second visit to this restaurant. I went here 3 years ago and while they improved their service the food is probably not as good. They recommended duck in salt and if you call something house specialty it should be a lot better.

There are newer reviews for L'Ete en Pente Douce

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were only in Paris for four nights, and we actually ate here twice. It was recommended to us by the receptionist at our hotel. we were staying in the Montmartre section, so it was not too far to walk. However, the stairs leading up to it.....that's another story! Lots and lots of stairs.
The first night we went, my husband and I ordered the rumpsteak. It was one of the plat du jour's. It came with french fries and a nice salad. LOTS of food. I did not get dessert, but he did, and he said it was very good.
We ate inside. The waiter spoke English, and he seemed to be waiting on all the tables, actually.
The second night we went, we also ate inside. We had a different waiter, but I still only saw a couple, and the restaurant was full. We waited an unusually long time for our food that night, and we had to ask about it.
We had intended to eat outside, but the tables are crowded and rickety, and inside was cozier and just a lot nicer overall. Our plat du jour was about 17 E and I didn't think that was a bad price at all for what we got. I thought over all it was good, and very authentic. The waiters were nice and friendly, and that isn't always the case.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Nice little place within the steps up to Sacre Coeur is this little restaurant that offers a nice stop for coffee or for a light meal. The quiche was fresh and tasty. The restaurant atmosphere is cute and a little quirky.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My girlfriend and I made the trek up to Sacre Couer church in the 18th arondissement and were hungry. We found this little gem at the bottom of the stairs that lead up to the church and decided to stop in. I hadn't had a decent vegetarian meal since I arrived in Paris several days earlier and I ordered the stuffed peppers with rice and tofu. It was sublime. Perfectly seasoned, well plated and presented and the service was great. We speak decent French but they had English menu's and treated us well. My girlfriend ordered the tuna nicoise and it came with a full tuna steak on top rather than canned tuna which we found amazing too. This place is great for people looking for classic menu items done well and they also have 3 vegetarian items too. Not meatless items, vegetarian. People who are vegetarian will understand the difference. This is tough to find in Paris.

If you're in this area in the summer, pull up a spot on the patio and give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank David M
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The setting is lovely, at the bottom of a set of stairs leading up to Sacre Coeur. It's leafy and cool. Aside from the cigarette smoke which is still ever-present on every restaurant patio in Paris, it's a great spot for dinner. The portions are huge. Everything is fresh and tasty. This is solid French food, what Parisians eat on a regular basis, I assume. Nothing exceptional but all good. The service is a bit over-taxed. One waiter taking orders for over a dozen tables is spreading it a bit too thin. Also, he totally mixed up our bill with a couple who were seated next to us. Thankfully, they noticed at exactly the moment we did and straightened out the mess since that would have sorely taxed my French abilities.