“Takes advantage of tourists-”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Dome

Le Dome
Reserve with
Le Dome is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #609 of 16,839 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Soups, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Montparnasse
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Takes advantage of tourists-”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Waiter added items to our order that doubled the cost our breakfast. We were taken advantage of. Waiter disapered when bill was presented.

Visited May 2014

• Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
“Very Good Fish Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

The restaurant has got some very authentic vibe to it and original interior. It serves excellent fish dishes, which truly leave you very satisfied but craving for more. The fish and other ingridients are apparently very fresh and of exceptionally high quality. The waiters are able to give competent advice, attentive and nice. Wondeful wine list - a lot to choose from. Quite spacious hall with comfortable sofas to sit. One of the best restaurants I have been to in Paris so far. Yes, the food ain't cheap, but it is well worth it.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank amk2f
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent fish restaurant with a good ambiance and a central Montparnasse location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I'll be honest. My wife, daughter and I had spent the best part of the day walking around some of the sights and had returned to within a few hundred metres of our hotel in Montparnasse when we agreed that we were all hungry and would look for somewhere to eat before we finally went back. Montparnasse is a good area for a variety of restaurants but my wife fancied something from the sea - so it was that we entered Le Dome. Only then did we realize that we were a little underdressed and somewhat bedraggled for the general ambiance and feel of the place!

Existing clientele were in business suits and dresses - not jeans, tee-shirts and trainers and carrying cameras and shopping bags! However, our money being every bit as good as theirs, we pressed on. I'm happy that we did. Indeed later we were later informed that were at one of the tables considered one of the best in the restaurant - it being on a slightly raised area above the general level - the reservation having been cancelled just as we had walked in. The ambiance was great - lots of art deco lighting, padded seating and brasswork.

I was expecting stuffy and stuffy Parisian waiters. But unlike others' experience it seems we actually had a friendly waiter who was happy to try to understand my poor French, use his English and even crack the odd funny comment. So, I really can't complain about that.

We had fish soup (which I thought was very tasty not salty like one previous reviewer) and lobster tail (delicious apparently) to start. This was followed by grilled sea bream (dorade), sea bass (bar) and sole meuniere with vegetables. My daughter even got extra creamed potato. We all enjoyed it and we added the luxury of a bottle of pouilly fuisse. Total bill 279 euros - expensive maybe but we enjoyed the food, the service and the atmosphere of the place - so well done, Le Dome. Apparently, it's been around for a long time and is a bit of an institution in this part of Paris and I can understand why.

I'd go there again but can understand it might not be to everyone's taste.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank OliverPerth_WA
Paris, France
“Great, no. Overly expensive, absolutely.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

The cost of the dinner in no way approached the experience. Ok,I'll admit the that Saint-Jacques (scallop) risotto was extremely yummy, but just not worth the price. Ditto the gambas and crevettes appetizer. Service was attentive and entertaining. Somehow, I felt like I was in a tourist restaurant filled with gullible Americans paying an arm and a craw for seafood. Which I am. And I did. But there are just so many other options for more innovative experiences in Paris.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Social-Dis
Singapore, Singapore
“Very enjoyable dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our time there with the excellent service by the captain. The food is fresh and cooked well. However it is a little pricey but we did not regret our choice.

Visited April 2014