“Best burger in Paris”
Review of Le Dome

Le Dome
Reserve with
Le Dome is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,330 of 18,359 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montparnasse
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

It may seem odd to want a burger while in France, but this place has the BEST burger we've ever had. Ever. Anywhere in the world including the US.

Ask for extra pickles, if you're a pickles person. They're spectacular.

This place is perfect at nite, with heat lamps allowing to sit outside even in the winter. But during the day it's located in a perfect little neighborhood. With tiny shops of all kinds. Check it out!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,114)

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were so looking forward to some good bouillabaisse, but this is certainly not the place to order it. We felt completely ripped off. There is a big to do with setting up a burner to keep the broth warm, then presenting a large platter with the fish filets spread out, etc. For 100 Euros you get a mediocre broth, 4 fish filets (absolutely no lobster shrimp clams, etc!!!!) hard toast which would not even soften after soaking in the broth for some time, and a very poor aoli sauce with no flavor and no garlic (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). We live on the Gulf Coast of Florida and I have made this dish many times with way better results. On my iphone I spelled out the French translation of "very disappointing" and the waiter totally agreed--I think he was embarassed as well.
We had the marinated and grilled sardines for an appetizer which were excellent.
The Sancerre wine was excellent.
There are too many great restaurants in Paris to put up with this kind of food at outrageous prices. They should be ashamed of themselves.

2  Thank DRPETE24
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We booked in advance and had a confirmation email but the maître d' had no record of it. He just said"not us". When we insisted and showed the email confirmation he gave it a cursory glance and again told us that it was not for this restaurant. We showed him again and finally he went off to find us a table. After about 10 minutes he returned and took us to a table. I've been studying French and whilst I'm not fluent my level was sufficient enough to know that our waiter found us quite amusing and shared the joke with the next table. Even the non french speakers understood this. When we finally got our food it was good, the fish was cooked perfectly but overall our experience at the dome was not an enjoyable one. This is a pity as it had been highly recommended and we were looking forward to a wonderful experience.

1  Thank Jacky D
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Four foodies went to dinner there last night and were truly impressed. Two of us had sole that one said was the best they have ever had. The monk fish blew my socks off. The blend of favors was amazing. The fish was moist and basically tasted like a lobster dish. The sea bass dish was soooo flavorful. Eating here was a great experience. go and enjoy.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

we thoroughly enjoyed an evening at le dome, we ate a lot of oysters and quaffed a ton of champagne.
i'm a turn of the century/ecole de paris nut so the history of the place is fascinating to me, pascin, kiki etc. etc. etc.
our bill was sizeable (krug champagne and several dozen oysters and a few side dishes) but we were happy to pay it because everything tasted marvelous and it was a great evening........until we arrived back at our hotel. my wife and i suffered from the worst case of food poisoning ever, three days of absolute hell! our hotel bathroom looked like a war zone but we were too sick and too embarrassed to let the maid come in and clean.
the thing is i liked the place and the oysters were the best i've ever tasted, its perverse but i'd kind of like to go back.........hence my difficulty in rated le dome.