“Great Experience”

Cuisines: French, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was there twice. The first time it was full, I didn't have a reservations and it was impossible to have a table, so the second time, I requested the concierge for a reservation. They got it, but outside in a cold weather. I accepted the challenger and we went. The service was okay, a little slow, but i understand it is part of the ritual. The food was really good, but didn’t impress me much. I expect more, but anyway it was really good. The price was also good, €60,00 per person is a little compared to the service e quality of the food.
The environment is cool, and people are from everywhere. I had a change to meet good people there.
I had a little problem with communication, their English is not so good, so we couldn’t understand all about the dishes, but they introduce themselves by the look and flavor.
For sure, when in Paris I would go there again, but never outside in a cold weather.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Best fish of the trip. A little cozy on the seating but just relax and focus on the food which is delicious.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Small but elegant, serious food, knowledgable and gracious service. The cheese plate was extraordinary. All in all a great restaurant.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Absolutely fabulous food. We both had the daube which was delicious. We had read of surly service but everyone was charming . Go early or late to avoid the queues for lunch ( we went at 3pm and got the one empty table straight away). This will undoubtedly be a restaurant we return to.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

we arrived by noon, otherwise good luck with seating...i started my meal with one of my favorite entrees, oeufs mayonnaise, which was excellent...the mayonnaise great served with a quarter of a cabbage with a light vinaigrette and tiny onion rings which added a nice crunch to the dish...also had braised beef (shoulder cut) with roasted vegetables served up with a classical sauce...great meal...

1  Thank travelerlyle