“Reasonable food but overly lit.”
Review of Chiberta

Chiberta
Reserve with
Chiberta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,583 of 18,020 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We went as a couple on the recommendation of out hotel. Somewhat disappointing. The food was quite good but, dare I say, somewhat bland. Furthermore relative to the quality of the food, it is very expensive.
The place is quite stylish but the lighting is very very harsh.

Finally I get the impression it's more of a business restaurant than one aimed at couples. The tables were predominantly filled by all male groups of American Investment Bankers. So if you are looking for a good business venue in Paris, Chiberta would be first rate.

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

This was recommended by a family member. We got the degustation menu at 100 euros per person, and the food was just okay.

Presentation was nice, but for overall value, we weren't impressed.

If you're looking for an uptight venue, go for this place.

Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Being a guy savoy restaurant, the food is very good and creative. The service is fast, especially at lunch where most customers are bussinessmen. The only drawback is the price, guy savoy oblige !

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I recently had dinner at Chiberta. The experience was pleasant and the food was modern and well-balanced. The wine list was indeed very extensive. I deemed the staff to be very friendly and professional. The interior decor was designed to add to the modernity feel of the restaturant. My wife and I ordered from the menu rather than trying the tasting menu. And we enjoyed our food including the desert and Armagnac.

So all good, but why the average rating? Well, after the pleasant experience, I was still left wondering how this restaurant distinquishes itself against all the other michelin-starred, or even non-michelin but execellent, restaurants in Paris. That is, when evaluated with its peers, it was, well, just average -- what you'd expect from a restaurant in its league.

So in the end, I am not sure I would go back to this place for any special occasion. Its predictably professional service, good wine list, and sufficiently innovative, modern cruisine makes a good business dining venue, not to disappoint any business partners. But anything special beyond that? I'm not so sure.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I visited this restaurant twice in the last 12 months for business dinners. The food list is not extremely extensive, but offers a wide variety of items that should satisfy a business party, even wide. Reasonable selection of wines, whose markups are aligned with other restaurants of similar standing. The food is well presented and innovative but not too innovative. It's quality is what you would expect for a starred restaurant. The service is elegant and formal, but not snooty. The ambiance is modern and pleasant. Prices are overall correct (I once had the EUR 155 menu which includes wine pairing, and all people in my group found it a good value).