“Worth the No 1”
Review of Epicure

Epicure
Reserve with
Epicure is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 18,479 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Perfect one, beautifull interiors. Food and service were really top perfect French. This was a business dinner and my Clients were fascinated, as me. Will return for sure.

Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directeur de la Restauration at Epicure, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear guest,

We are thrilled to learn that your business dinner was a success, and that your clients were fascinated.

It will be a pleasure to be welcoming you again, to ensure your business meetings are continuous achievements.

Best regards,

Kévin Chambenoit.
Food and Beverage Director.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,413)

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I took my girlfriend to the opera for her birthday but they were on strike. So i told her i invete her to the beat rank restaurant in here. I was amazed i found a reservation on the same day more exactly 30 minutes before our arrival. The restaurant decoration is exactly what you were expecting, as french as it gets, the service one of the best ever and the food for sure the best ever. Pretty expensive be prepared. Totally recomended

2  Thank Toño T
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directeur de la Restauration at Epicure, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear guest,

I would like to thank for your recent post on TripAdvisor website.

All Epicure team was delighted to read that they made you forget your Opera deception and that you enjoyed your dinner among them.

Thank you also for your recommendation and we sincerely hope that you will have shortly the opportunity to come and visit us again.

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

The perfect restaurant. Deserves to be the number one. There are very few restaurants that I would rate 5 but this restaurant is simply amazing.
Everything was up to the standard, perfect!

1  Thank RussellJoe

Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the time you spent writing your comment on TripAdvisor website.

The Epicure team is sincerely delighted to receive such encouragements from you and read that you rank them so high.

We all hope that you will come back from Prague very soon to enjoy another nice meal among us.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

If there were a Heaven on Earth, it must be inside the Bristol hotel, at this Épicure restaurant. Huge flower arrangements all the way to the restaurant and inside the restaurant made you feel walking into a royal garden. The restaurant has glass doors and windows overlooking the inside Bristol hotel garden offering the guests a relaxing atmosphere. I strongly suggest you go for lunch to take advantage of the daylight and beautiful sight of the garden.
The three of us opted for the A la carte Blue lobster from Bretagne.
First we were served a trio of amuse-bouches: one of it was a gambas (large shrimp) breaded with black squid ink flour and served as a Popsicle. It was simply delicious!
Since the lobsters took a while to prepare, the chef entertained us with 2 more amouse-bouches: a green mousse with truffe jelly and truffle sticks on top. It was pretty and tasty. It was followed by a truffle soup topped by a generous slice of black truffle from Perigord (see picture).
Then came the lobsters, roasted in its shell then brought to the table and prepared in front of you by a brigade of 5 servers! The presentation was very interesting, and so elegant: the plate has a streak of orange flowers. First I thought it was a permanent decoration that was part of the precious ceramic plate, but in fact it was the edible coral powder that came from our own lobster! Impressive!
The lobster was served with roasted baby potatoes sautéed in seaweed butter and salicornia, a slightly salty and crunchy herb that grows in salty marshes, by the beach or in mangroves.
The “juice of the heads” sauce that accompanied the lobster was delicious, tasting like a lobster bisque. The extra sauce was kept heated on our table on a mini sauce pan.

For desert I picked their signature “Priceless Nyangbo (a region in Ghana) chocolate”, liquid cocoa, thin tile of wafers and gold gilded sorbet, presented as a laced globe where the sorbet was caged as a bird. So pretty!
My aunt picked the Mango and pineapple desert, which looked and tasted heavenly.

Our servers, especially Chloé, were exceptionally efficient and took care of us in the most professional and warm manners.
Oh, I forgot to mention that the Kugelhopf salty bread was to die for!

5  Thank michikoQC

Dear Michiko,

Firts of all, I would like to thank you for the precious time you spent writing and posting your comment on TripAdvisor website.

I could thank you a thousand times for our description of the moment you’ve shared with Epicure team.

Of course, Eric Frechon’s cuisine is enhanced by your detailed comment that truly shows his philosophy and the way he wishes to share his passion for food.

As you mentioned, ambiance and service are also important in a gastronomic experience and Chloé is the best example of passion and professionalism in guest welcoming and service.

We all hope that you will have the opportunity to fly from Montreal to come and visit us once again and why not during summertime to enjoy one of our garden table.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Best meal I have ever had....I'm talking beyond my wildest expectations good. Put it on your bucket list- everyone should have the pleasure of eating here! Service was excellent- befitting a 5 star but friendly and personable at the same time-and when you consider that we don't speak French this is even more impressive! All in all a perfect dining experience.

5  Thank BJK1977
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directeur de la Restauration at Epicure, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your post on TripAdvisor website.

We were proud and delighted that you ranked us so high in your heart and that you enjoyed so much our service approach.

We sincerely hope that you will have the opportunity to come and visit us again for another “ah-maze-ing” moment.

Kévin Chambenoit.
Directeur de la Restauration.