“Stunning experience for the senses”
Review of Epicure

Epicure
Reserve with
Epicure is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 17,290 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
NY/Westport/Provence
“Stunning experience for the senses”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Eric Frechon has been getting much attention for what seems to be a 'Short Holiday into French
Gastronomy' at Epicure. We finally had dinner there about 10 days ago and I agree that it was the highlight of the trip when it comes to the big night splurge at a 3* (I am not big on more than 1-3 nights at Michelin restaurants as I tend to gravitate back to the local's favorite bistros..but I digress) The Bristol itself , if not a bit stuffy, is a stunning hotel with attention to fine 18-19thC Belle Epoque design, antiques and detail. The same can be said for the restaurant except unlike the hotel, it is a bit more comfortable and not quite as opulent lending yourself to a sense of really enjoying 3* service, cuisine and detail in a relaxed atmosphere amongst stunning period pieces, an amazing chandelier and a picture window that is a great plus for the view if you have the chance to be seated nearby. A 3* staff in all ways that are also incredibly warm and helpful. Again, since I speak French I always find it interesting to see how guests who are 'l'etranger' are treated, as well..it can sometimes make a difference. Not here! If anything, the amazing Maitre'D
was careful to explain things and make suggestions with patience and humor. I found that to be an outstanding quality that just started everything off to a great start. He even joked with me as I speak 'le francais quitodien' but I don't have a perfect accent at all. He joked that if he could guess where I was from, he's be very pleased and if he was wrong, an aperitif for me! Well….he guessed Swiss and England…(they never think an American can be fluent who doesn't live there)
and thus…we had a little chicly and I got a lovely glass of Ruinart by the glass !!!! I was in love with this restaurant. We had the menu degustation with the amuses-bouches, entree, main plat, pre-dessert and dessert. Formidable. I love good bread and as they had a 'bread-server', I told him to save himself numerous trips and to put down a few pieces at a time. He smiled and said 'Sans soucis , Monsieur' and m¥ bread plate had a different type of amazing choice every time I looked back down! We had to have the Poulet Bresse and it was the BEST I've ever had (even when had in the region of Brest in the Val de Soane, itself) It defies description. Bursting with flavor, interesting touches but nothing overwhelming the amazing taste of this classic that was cooked to perfection. The Duck foie gras was amazing and I had to think hard because i was getting 'foiled grassed out' because of my club room serving it each night with appetizers. But this….was the best I'd had in along time. The desserts were amazing and for a person with lot of
…energy…..I wasn't fussing about sitting for 2.5 hours when it came to having the verveine infusion with more little desserts of petit-fours and chocolate covered dried ginger! Expensive and worth every penny if you want a 'gastronomical experience' of tis type whilst holidaying in Paris.

3 Thank LeTerrible
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directeur de la Restauration at Epicure, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

At the outset, we would like to thank you for taking so much time to review our restaurant, with such a nice description of what seems to be a nice experience.

It was very pleasant to know that you seemed to have been so well taken care of by our team of waiters, and that you enjoyed so much the service, its warmth and helpfulness.

We are thrilled that you appreciate the comfort and the very special view over our French garden.

Your description of the service was very special, and outlines the pleasure that the team had of welcoming you. Indeed, the Poulet de Bresse is one of our chef’s signature dishes, and its theatrical service compliments the bursting flavors you noticed.

Again, thank you very much for having visited us, and for your very kind comments.

Kevin Chambenoit.
Food and Beverage Director.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Taupo
“Faultless excellence delivered with great style”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed every moment. The service is a seamless flow of care, interest and advice. Interspersed with food that is at the very pinnacle of French cuisine. It is expensive but also great value, throughout the meal extras appear at just the right moment to surprise and delight. The wine list is extensive but not exclusively expensive. Treat yourself, its 3 hours of bliss.

1 Thank Violaferry
Dear Guest,

Needless to say that we were thrilled to read your comment on Trip Advisor, regarding a recent experience within our gastronomical restaurant, Epicure.

To be considered as great value means that the professionalism of our team has been recognized as such, and that your blissful dinner will remain a pleasurable memory for you both.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back, on a next visit to Paris.

Warm regards,

Kevin Chambenoit.
Food and Beverage Director.
Paris, France
“Perfection”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I adore it! The menu is very nice! The food is high quality and the staff is really nice!
I was shocked to find such an interesting place and the prices I saw surprised me too.

2 Thank Lulupablu
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directeur de la Restauration at Epicure, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your warm comments about the quality of the food and the professionalism of our service staff.

We do hope that we will be having the pleasure of being at your service again, in a near future.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfection”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

What else is there to say? My wife I spent glorious time enjoying lunch, overlooking the outside courtyard having a wonderful afternoon. The service is outstanding and perfectly choreographed. Of course, it comes at a price, but the enjoyment and the pure pleasure of having delectable food made it worth it. At truly memorable dining experience.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent lunch experience, within our fine dining restaurant Epicure, overlooking our French garden.

It is lovely to read that you seemed to enjoy so much our service, and that you will remember so fondly the time you spent with us.

We do hope to be able to welcome you during summer, when we are able to serve the meals within our outside area, for an even greater experience.

Los Angeles
“LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Me and my partner had the best time and brunch at the Epicure which was truly an unforgettable experience in Paris! The food, the wine, the service, the atmosphere deserved every single penny we spent. It's the most delicious menu we have ever tasted! Will definitely be back!! Merci, Epicure!

• Visited February 2014
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directeur de la Restauration at Epicure, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your post on TripAdvisor website.

All the team was delighted to see that Epicure was part of your Paris trip success and that the alchemy worked so well between Eric Frechon’s cuisine, service and atmosphere.

We are sincerely looking forward to welcoming you once again when you go back from LA.

Best regards.