“fine food, great wine selection”
Review of Epicure

Epicure
Reserve with
Epicure is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 16,991 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hamburg, Germany
“fine food, great wine selection”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

it is what it claims to be, i personally loved it, only thing my wife said it was too quiet in there :-)

Visited August 2013
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Food and Beverage Director at Epicure, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor.
The Chef Eric Frechon along with the service team will be pleased and proud to read your kind words about your experience in Epicure.
We hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us in the future and, why not, to enjoy a more lively ambiance within our Brasserie “114 Faubourg”.
Kevin Chambenoit.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
“Worth the experience and brings a great memory !”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I highly recommend I asked for the sampling menu. Every dish taste good, including the bread. First dish is a large langoustines ( taste like lobster ) and Caviar. shrimp nicely wrap in celery, taste delicious and looks great. second dish stuffed Macaroni comes with black truffle, artichoke, duck foie gras with very old Parmesan cheese. 3rd course is White fish, Chef Eric insisted on bigger size white fish above 1kilogram 800 gm for fillet, therefore only 3 out of 100 fish meet this criteria. 4 th course is lamb with Japanese sea weed on top, to add aroma to the lamb.5 th course is huge variety of cheese, goat cheese...etc

A Orange Sorbet in black currant sauce before serving dessert.

3 courses of dessert

The chocolate walnut opens up with fruit inside, then you can finish the chocolate shell.

ice white peach is peach and lemon juice in freezing temperature to form a foam outside with fruit inside the foam.

the waitress brought over a shiny silver cabinet filled with French macaroon, chocolates and caramel candies......etc. OMG

Chef Eric Frechon invited us to see the kitchen, gave us a menu with his autograph, took a picture with us and makes me feel really important.

A very very memorable dining experience

1 Thank LizaTam
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Food and Beverage Director at Epicure, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear guest,
It is with great delight that we discover your review about your recent experience within Epicure restaurant.
The tasting menu is indeed the best way to sample many signature dishes from our 3 star Michelin chef Eric Frechon. And I can assure you that he was equally delighted to have the opportunity of showing you around the kitchen and having you tried his cooking.
We do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you again, on an hopefully very soon visit.
Best regards,
toronto
“WONDERFUL ! !”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had a delightful tasting menu and a la carte lunch. The setting is wonderful as is the service.
The presentation and taste is innovative and delicious as well ! It was a most enjoyable and rewarding 2 1/2 hours ! We would return anytime ! !

1 Thank toronto23frank
Dear Guest,
A true thank you for your raving comment about your recent experience within Epicure restaurant! It is delightful to read such great feedback about how you enjoyed your 2 ½ hours lunch!
Be assured that we would be honored to have the opportunity of welcoming you again, on your next visit to Paris.
Best regards,
London, United Kingdom
“Spot on”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Amazing. From the door staff to everyone in the restaurant. The service is exceptional, engaging, enthusiastic, knowledgable and I could keep on going until I ran out of superlatives.
I have dined at some of the best michelin star restaurants in many countries and this I am glad to say sticks out. The food is exceptional, innovative and a event unto it's self. The cherry dessert and the tomato stater were my personal favourites. Due to the complex dishes not all I had were for me but I still appreciated the different textures and techniques used and the worst I could say is that they were different and not at all unpleasant.
The staff realised it was our anniversary and came to the table to spread rose petals and even (discretely) handed me a rose to offer my partner.
I have read other reviews taking an issue with "the taller waiter". This is a travesty.
I would personally like to thank Marco and the rest of the front of house for his and their attention and efforts that made our dinner something truley memorable. I can't wait to return and will be staying at the Bristol the next time I visit Paris.

• Visited August 2013
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Food and Beverage Director at Epicure, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear guest,
First of all, thank you so much for being so sincere and passionate in your recent comment on TripAdvisor website.
Chef Eric Frechon and his team will be so pleased to read how you describe and you appreciated his cuisine.
Marco and all the service staff will be equally proud that you had such a memorable experience!
We, for sure, are looking forward to welcoming you once again at Epicure. At the same time we hope you can stay with us at Le Bristol during our next visit to Paris.
Kevin Chambenoit.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Surpassed all Expectations”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Having traveled all over the world as foodies, my husband and I had to try Chef Eric's L'Epicure at the Hotel Bristol Paris. We opted for lunch rather than dinner to enjoy the unseasonably cool weather. The garden setting, perfectly pressed linens, Christoffle silver, Baccarat crystal glasses, well-uniformed and friendly staff were very much appreciated. Unexpected was the diversity and creativeness of each dish in addition to the "extras" such as the amuse-buche, special keugle, intermezzo and the "strawberry burst" that came with dessert. The presentation of each dish was a feast for the eyes in that it was pure art and the combination of the flavors made our taste buds tingle. I would highly recommend L'Epicure for serious foodies who can appreciate all of the work behind creating such an unforgettable dining experience.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank dvnugent
Dear guest,
We were deeply delighted to receive our comment on TripAdvisor regarding your recent visit.
Indeed, your sincerity and precision describing the ambiance and the dishes are a real invitation to discover Eric Frechon’s cuisine and Epicure’ service team.
The whole team is thrilled that your lunch was beyond your expectations and are very proud having you as an “Ambassador”.
We hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you during your next Paris trip.