“Wonderful and friendly”
Review of Epicure

Epicure
Reserve with
Epicure is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 17,892 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We had previously been to the Epicure before their recent remodeling. The restaurant is now set with a view of the hotel's interior courtyard - perfect for Spring! The food was outstanding, with inventive combinations and flavors. It was everything you'd expect in this type of restaurant. But what really stands out is approachable service. Each dish was carefully described, and there was a subtle inquiry as to whether it was pleasing. And then at the end of the meal, the manager stopped by to talk about our experience - was there anything they could do better? This was extraordinary. We will very happily return when next in Paris.

2  Thank Mudge828
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Food and Beverage Director at Epicure, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank for your kind comments ; it was a pleasure to have you with us again.

We are glad to discover that you enjoyed the new venue of our gastronomic restaurant, with its view on our newly remodelled courtyard “à la Française”.

We are proud to read your outstanding comments about our Chef’s dishes. As you wrote, we ensure the service staff is always looking to go further and beyond each guests’ expectations. It is the only way to be able to give an extraordinary experience.

We are looking forward with great pleasure to seeing you upon your next visit to Paris.

Food and Beverage Director

Write a ReviewReviews (2,289)

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Had an amazing 3-hour lunch here. I've eaten in a total of six 3-star restaurants over the past six years, and this one was by far the most enjoyable. Unlike the stiff, unsmiling formality I've encountered at other 3-stars, the atmosphere at Epicure was warmer -- like the staff wanted you to have fun while enjoying the exquisite cuisine. As you'd expect in a restaurant of the calibre, the food was absolutely delicious and a delight to look at.

Dining at Epicure isn't cheap. But, it's a memorable experience that was my husband and I enjoyed from start to finish. Will definitely return on our next trip to Paris.

1  Thank DCtravler244
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Food and Beverage Director at Epicure, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

What a pleasure to discover your lovely comment about your past experience. It is a true honor for our team to be considered as the most enjoyable 3 Michelin star restaurant that you had experienced as you seem to be pretty knowledgeable about gastronomical restaurants.

As you rightly mentioned, we ensure our service is going the extra mile to please our guest, and to create a formal, yet friendly atmosphere while enjoying our chef’s cuisine.

We thank you again and look forward to welcoming you again for other memorable times.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We had a wonderful evening at L’Epicure this past weekend. The servers go out of their way to please their diners. Now, many might think the waiters aim to please bc that is how they justify the high prices… this concept is completely incorrect. They even changed one of my sorbet/pallet cleansers when they saw I didn’t care for the taste of the initial one!

Case in point, we ate at La Pergola in Rome a few nights ago who have similar prices: let me assure you they didn’t even attempt to go out of their way for their patrons, in fact the staff at Pergola was at times rude and off-putting when asked for a substitution.

The staff at Epicure is extremely professional but also approachable. While I enjoy fine dining and a professional wait staff, I also like to relate to the servers and some degree of being “down to earth”, this is what I found at L’Epicure. In fact one of the waiters at dinner was a very tall, thin Italian gentleman who epitomizes the perfect waiter: smart, funny, customer service oriented and knowledgeable about the food.

As for the meal:
The stuffed macaroni was exquisite. Because I’m not a huge foie gras fan, the chef made a point to not douse my course in the foie gras sauce but substituted a heavier truffle sauce on top, it was magnificent!

The onion carbonara was one of the most innovative dishes I’ve ever experienced. The carbonara sauce was perfect and the onion really tasted similar to pasta but obviously with a crunchier texture, a true genius the chef is for coming up with such a complex dish!

My one criticism of the night was the sole may have been slightly over cooked in that it was a bit softer than any other Dover sole I’ve had in the past. While it was still quite good, it wasn’t the typical the sole I’m used to. Perhaps that is what the chef was going for, a more melt in your mouth buttery texture as opposed to the firmer traditional sole, either way it was still good…. but not great.

The Blue Lobster was terrific! Buttery and full of flavor, a pretty straightforward dish that was flawless.

The Cheese plate can also not be missed, a great selection to chose from. The same goes with the desserts, very nice indeed. The large silver box is a great touch!

As for the wine, the Canadian sommelier was terrific. I told him what I was looking for, he asked me a few clarifying questions and from there I made a decision with his help. We selected a fantastic 1er cru Meursault that I couldn’t get enough of.

I'd give it 4.5 stars but TA doesn't allow for half stars. The only reason for missing the 5th star was the sole dish and the fact that it does add up to a mortgage payment for the bill.

Hotel Le Bristo... P, Food and Beverage Director at Epicure, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

It is such a delight to read your detailed comment about your recent experience within our restaurant Epicure.

The very tall, thin Italian gentleman, named Marco, indeed creates a warm and professional atmosphere to our patrons, and is very much focused on delighting our guests.

We are a bit saddened that the cooking of the sole was not to your convenience, and feel sorry that we did not have the chance on that particular evening to recover from this little disappointment. The sole is one of our chef’s signature dishes, and we generally receive praises about it. We do hope that it was an isolated case rather than a generality.
We feel however very honored that you enjoyed so much the rest of your meal, with appreciations such as terrific and innovative.

The Canadian sommelier, Marco, puts a lot of energy in finding the perfect wine, tailored to the need of the person choosing. Our exhaustive wine list allows us to have a wide range of references to choose from.

Be sure that the team is thrilled by your comment, and they all will be very pleased to welcome you again, and ensure you spend a most pleasant time amongst us.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Words cannot do justice to the fabulous restaurant Epicure. Dinner began with a glass of champagne and an amuse-bouche that was a work of art. The food was exquisite and beautifully presented, so much so that several diners, myself included, felt compelled to take photos! The service was impeccable and well paced. My wife and I are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary this year and we are treating ourselves to special dining experiences. This one was memorable!

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to discover your impressions about our restaurant Epicure and all the team is joining me to thank you for your praising comments.

It is an honor, having been one of your most memorable dining experiences, at the occasion of your 40th wedding anniversary. We do hope to welcome you again to celebrate another special day amongst us.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I read some of the Trip Advisor reviews and decided to try Epicure. It is a gorgeous restaurant in a fabulous hotel, Le Bristol. The service was impeccable and the surroundings, gracious and comfortable. We both felt the meal was very overpriced. I did not read this in the reviews I read. My menu did not even have prices listed, only my husband's did. When I saw that the appetizers were $100 and more, I couldn't believe it! The food was innovative, presented beautifully, but rather bland. Lots of foamy, creamy, or gel items that squirted when chewed were part of our dinner. There is a nice candy cart at the end and the caramels were scrumptious. The bill was horrifying. It was the most expensive dinner my husband and I ever had, and we have had some pricey ones. We just chalked it up as part of our Parisian experience and tried to enjoy anyway! If money is no object, you might want to give it a try...

8  Thank bindiboo
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Food and Beverage Director at Epicure, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent experience at Epicure on TripAdvisor

We are glad to read that you appreciated the decoration, the cuisine and the service, and that it all created a gracious place to enjoy a delightful meal.

However, we are truthfully sorry to read that you had the feeling that the menu was overpriced.
It is true that only the freshest ingredients are used, transformed and served by a very large team of skilled professionals, within a newly furbished room, to ensure the perfection and innovation necessary to a unique guest experience.
Other 2 or 3 Michelin star restaurants within Paris will generally have the same price range, and most of them would not generate any profit.
We do however understand that one can have the impression of an expensive venue.
Furthermore, we do perpetuate the elegant French tradition of only presenting a menu with prices to the guest who will settle the bill at the end of the dinner.

In spite of the price subject, I would like to thank you for recommending our establishment to the other writers of Tripadvisor.

I look forward to welcoming you back again at Epicure.

Warm regards,