“Amazing dinner”

Epicure
Ranked #5 of 16,839 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“Amazing dinner”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

At the first day of our trip we had a dinner in Epicure. It is well known that France is very famous about their restaurants. It is all true. Maybe the best tasted chicken i ever had!!! The wine was in the perfect temperature and really good.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Elizabeth T
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Food and Beverage Director at Epicure, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Elizabeth,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit at Epicure on TripAdvisor.

We are truly honored to read that you loved your experience with us and considered Epicure as one of the most famous restaurants in France.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed the cuisine of our three-Michelin star Chef Eric Frechon and especially the Bresse Farm Hen as well as the wine service which contributed to make your experience “amazing”. Be assured that we have shared your kind compliments with all the teams.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Epicure, in the meantime I remain,

Yours sincerely,

• Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
“Classic "haute cuisine"”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I had quite a lovely dinner at Epicure at Le Bristol. Eric Frechon is a wonderfully gifted chef. I just felt that the dinner here suffered in comparison to the other meals in Paris. The service was first-rate. But I felt the food lacked a bit of inspiration. Every single dish was executed to perfection. In fact, the dish of scallops, gnocchi and white truffles from Alba might have been my single favorite dish on the trip. I wanted to see some flair and inventiveness with some of the other courses.

But if one is looking for a traditional, classic "haute cuisine" meal then Epicure at Le Bristol "fits the bill."

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank GaryOgaga
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Food and Beverage Director at Epicure, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear guest,

We thank you for your comments, related to your recent visit within our restaurant.

Indeed, our chef’s cuisine is a classical one, with a twist of modernity. We do however ensure that some of the dishes enlisted on our menu are less classical, for guests who are looking more into innovations and inventiveness in the cooking process or in the flavors.

We have noted with pleasure your kind comments about the service, and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you in a very near future, to make you discover our chef’s latest creations.

London, United Kingdom
“J'ai tout simplement adoré!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had the pleasure of lunching at Epicure nearly two months ago for my birthday and it has become one of my top 5 restaurants ever, so far! And I have been to Ducasse, El Cellar etc.
Both of us ordered different dishes and were totally blown away by the faultless exciting haute cuisine. Furthermore, the service was outstanding. I truly appreciated all the attention to detail at Epicure.
Many thanks to Chef Eric Frechon and his team for offering us an exquisite dining experience. So impatient for my next trip to Paris! :)

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank trailofcrumbs15
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Food and Beverage Director at Epicure, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Cher client,

After such positive feedback, you can be sure that it will definitely be a pleasure to be welcoming you again, upon your next trip to Paris.

It is delightful to read that Epicure is part of your top 5 restaurants, especially with the prestigious addresses you mentioned having been to.

It is of great importance for the team to feel that they managed to give our guests a precise and flawless experience, so your comment is really appreciated on the matter.

We do hope that we won’t have to wait for your next birthday to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Caracas, Venezuela
“Best restaurant!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This no doubt is not only the best restaurant in France , it is also one of the best in the world! The food is excellent. The atmosphere and decoration is superb. Service is very attentive.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank LuisLRC
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Food and Beverage Director at Epicure, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear guest,

We do thank you for your kind comments, and I can ensure you that we are doing our utmost to be true to your review.

We do hope to be able to continue to deserve your confidence, for many years to come!

ca
“does it deserve three michelin stars I say no”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Pre Catalin yes epicure no. It was ok. The service great. Food good. But three stars I don't think so. Everywhere i travel I try the top rated michelin star restaurants and this was no where as good as say pre catalin or even a duchassse resturant. The bristol where the restuarnt is located is my favorite hotel in the world but honestly their bistro called 114 was more enjoyable. I would say try it.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank golfbob
Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your comments, and we are delighted to know that Le Bristol is your favorite hotel in the world, and that you enjoyed your experience at our French brasserie, the 114 Faubourg.

We are surprised to notice that you seemed disappointed about your recent experience within Epicure, and as I would like to have a better understanding of your frustration, I would be delighted to have a conversation with you.
Would you be kind enough to let me know, at your convenience, how to get in touch with you?
My email address is kchambenoit@lebristolparis.com.

In the meantime, we are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel.