“Superb”

Epicure
Ranked #5 of 16,839 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brisbane
“Superb”
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

This was the last stop on our gastronomic tour of France - so we were there right on the back of a series of amazing meals, and it's seriously lovely. It's not for fancy molecular gastronomic cuisine. It's beautiful French foods in classic French silver service surrounds. The degustation was definately the best portioned of any we had in France, in terms of courses - ESP on the back of bocuse, at which the 7 courses were almost in edible for the size! Immaculate service, gorgeous surrounds. Superb food.

3 Thank BrisbanePrincess_K
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Food & Beverage Director at Epicure, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Madam,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this glowing review on TripAdvisor following your visit at Epicure.

As you have experienced our three-Michelin star restaurant at the end of your gastronomic tour of France, we are even more touched by your kind comments.

Finally, I would like to thank you for posting these beautiful pictures of Chef Eric Frechon’s cuisine!
I look forward to welcoming you back again at Epicure.

Best regards,

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“beautiful experience!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Went to Paris for a gastronomy-filled weekend and the 3 chosen ones were L'Arpege, L'Epicure and Le Chateaubriand. I have to say it is now one of my favourites - I would not hesitate to go back should I go to Paris again. All the dishes were perfectly executed and my only wish was that I had the ability to order and eat more! Service was faultless as a 3 starred should be.

A bonus would have been to meet Eric Frechon! I would recommend it to anyone who can appreciate the work of art of great chefs.

Merci encore à toute l’équipe et j’espère, a bientôt.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Raaisha J
Dear Raaisha,

Thank you for writing such a nice review on Trip Advisor about you beautiful experience at Epicure.

We are delighted to know that you appreciated all the dishes and would have tasted more. We are pleased that you liked the service as well and will share your comments with the teams.

Many thanks for your recommendation and appreciation of Chef Eric Frechon work of art. Be assured that he likes to meet and greet clients at the end of the service. We are sorry he could not come to you on your last visit but he will certainly do the next time you come to the restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards,

USA
“Most delicious meal. An entire experience”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our group of five had dinner at Epicure this past Thursday. We were staying at the Bristol.
Our experience (because it was far more than simply "dinner") lasted from 8pm until 12:30pm. I cannot say enough amazing things about the experience and the meal.

We sat at a table near the back of the restuaurant (it is an intimate experience with maybe 15 tables) -- it seemed like they did one seating a night. The have a gorgeous working fireplace that was on and added great ambience to the space.

Everyone's meal was excellent (my favorites were: appetizer: the geen asparagus and pink onion. For the main course my favorites were the hen poache in a "bladder" which I didn't order myself but tasted). Even the amuse bouche was probably the best amuse bouche I have ever had.

The servers and staff were an equal part of what made this an amazing experience (Diego our waiter was excellent).

I will also say that it was one of the most expensive meals I have ever had, so you are definitely paying for everything but, to me, it was worth it!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank 440WorldTraveler
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit at Epicure on TripAdvisor.

We are truly honored to read that you considered this experience as the most delicious meal you ever had. As you pointed out, we do one seating for each service in order to assure the best experience to our guests.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed the cuisine of our three-Michelin star Chef Eric Frechon as well as the service which contributed to make your experience “amazing”. Be assured that we have shared your kind compliments with Diego.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Le Bristol and Epicure, in the meantime I remain,

Yours sincerely,

Food & Beverage Director
Des Moines, Iowa
“Best Service Ever. Great food.”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have never been treated so well at any restaurant in my life, and I am an old man. The service was just unbelievable, bordering on shockingly good.

The staff was uniformly friendly. Eager to please. Eager to share their knowledge and love of food and wine.

I was blown-away by my lunch at Epicure.

• Visited January 2013
Dear Sir,

We want to thank you for writing such a beautiful review about your last visit at Epicure which conquered you.

We are thrilled to learn that you were treated better than anywhere else. Be assured that your nice comments about the staff will be shared; our teams are really enthusiastic and love to share their passion.

We would be delighted to welcome you again in our gastronomic restaurant for an unforgettable experience.

Kind regards,

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“beautiful”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for two nights mid-December and had dinner the second night at Epicure. I've been there before on other trips to Paris and it is always a lovely experience, for lunch or dinner. That evening, with all the Christmas decorations inside and outside in the garden, it was especially pleasing.

The service is wonderful. My reservation was on the early side and I had everyone at my beck and call for a half hour or so. One recent review mentioned a kind of weird guy and I think he was there my night as well, but I knew he was well intentioned, so I didn't let his awkward behavior bother me. In the restaurant, as in the hotel, the main pleasure of being there is in just sitting back and letting them do their thing, you're in good hands.

I ordered the famous first course, the macaroni with black truffles and foie gras. It's a gorgeous looking plate of food, but I have to say it didn't win me over taste wise. I thought it would be richer and more flavorful. It was good, but not heavenly.

For the main course, I had the duck and it really was terrific. There was a fantastic sauce and the waiters kept coming to spoon more of it on the meat.

Dessert was spectacular. I love passion fruit and this was a divine concoction, a banana passion fruit sorbet, a pineapple passion fruit meringue parfait, a side drink of rum cider. It was splendid.

Between that and the wine and the amuses bouches and the extra desserts, little cookies and chocolates, caramels and nut candies, there is a lot of food. I left with a small packet that i enjoyed on my flight home the next afternoon.

I think the tab was about $250, and I only had a glass of wine. I would happily go again, and probably will. It's a special meal, the whole experience, and they carry it off nearly flawlessly.

The dining room, by the way, is wonderful. Plenty of room between tables, beautiful natural light at lunchtime from the wall of glass looking out on the garden. I would think it would be particularly lovely to enjoy a lunch there in the nice weather, outside if you can.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank cadillac4
Dear Guest,

Words are not enough to express you our gratitude towards the glowing review you wrote on TripAdvisor following your experience at Epicure on last December.

We are glad that you appreciated the service as well as our three-Michelin star Chef Eric Frechon Signature’s meals. Be assured that we have shared your comments with all the teams.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at Epicure, hopefully outside for a lunch on the renovated terrace, I remain,

Yours sincerely,