“Great experience”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My mom and I ate dinner here. We ordred 2 plates (eggplant lasagna and a salmon cake), 2 glasses of wine, and shared 1 dessert. We arrived starving and left full. Everything was excellent, except the dressing on the salad was too strong for our taste. The total bill was almost 40 euros. The waiters spoke excellent English and offered to translate the menu for us and recommended dishes. We would eat here again.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We ate here on Saturday night. Of the three places we dined over our long weekend this was by far the worst. The onion soup was delicious, hearty and warming, but the main courses of duck and chicken were really disappointing - dry, overcooked and chewy. The service was average. Might be fine for a lunch or breakfast, or a coffee if you're nearby but I wouldn't go out of my way to come here.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

The place is beautiful, old Brasserie very French style but service was not the top in my opinion and the "carte" was very unclear.
we sat down in their terrasse, people were able to smoke which was not fine, in Ireland for instance people wouldn't be allowed to smoke in similar area.
we had:
salade de ravioles-14.40 euros
poisson du jour-12.50 euros
tarte a l'orange-5.70 euros
1 cheese cake-6.50 euros

We hadn't finished the drinks when we were asked if we wanted coffee. Was a little bit rude

Reviewed July 2, 2012

My birthday wish was to visit 2 of the historic Bistros featured in our "The Authentic Bistros of Paris" guidebook. We walked through the 11th Arondismont to find Le Bistrot du Pientre and sat at a sidewalk table to enjoy escargots, veau jour, and crumble de courgettes along with…wine (quelle surprise!). Great peasant food, great atmosphere, just as hoped. Great mid-day peoplewatching, and the management respects the Parisian tradition that the patron "owns" the table until he or she has decided it is time to leave. No rush, no pressure, just enjoy the food, the wine, the atmosphere, and keep on enjoying it as long as you wish. A terrific lunch spot.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Had dinner here with my wife our last night in Paris. Really felt more like a pub. Service was alright, and the place has a laid back atmosphere. Seating was close quarters, though I didn't really mind. Food was just okay, my steak not that good; chewy and fatty.

Fine place to have a drink, though I'd look elsewhere for a great meal.