“Very good value and nice atmosphere”

Le Grand Bistro Breteuil
Reserve with
Le Grand Bistro Breteuil is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,045 of 16,991 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
ottawa, ontario
“Very good value and nice atmosphere”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

This was my second visit to this restaurant in two years. Price has gone from 32 euros to 42. I love the atmosphere and find the food to be very good. We had a leisurely 3 hour meal here and felt the service was fine and never felt rushed. We asked to be seated on the terrace but refused the location on the sidewalk on the side of the restaurant. We ended up sitting inside and did not mind as it was in the area that is open to the outside. The first time we were seated on the terrace. If you make a reservation and want the terrace be sure to specify that you do not want the sidewalk. We felt sorry for the couples seated there along the sidewalk squeezed between the cars and the building. After the meal we rushed a few metres away to see the Eiffel twinkling at 11 p.m. Nest time we are in Paris we will definitely go back

• Visited July 2011

• Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food, price and service!”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My husband and I went to Le Bistro de Bretuil during Valentine's Day weekend. The food was delicious and a reasonable price. The setting was romantic, and the service was great. The waiter came by a lot more often than they usually do in France to make sure we were having a good time. My husband doesn't speak French, but they do have English menus. Great place for a romantic evening!

• Visited February 2011
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Yummmmm!”
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I love this restaurant! The food was exquisite, our waiter was lovely, the wine was superb, the atmosphere was very Parisian and romantic. Le Bistro de Breteuil is the perfect place for a long leisurely dinner after a days sightseeing.

• Visited May 2011
Europe
“Bring a book and a lasso to this bistro”
Reviewed June 3, 2011

I was really excited to try this place. Excellent reviews on Top Table, great price for three courses and a bottle of wine and a lovely location where you get a nice view of La Tour Eiffel as you walk up the road. We turned up for our reservation and the place was packed. The Maitre quickly ushered us to a table where we'd need a shoe horn to get in. I could see the couples on either side of us exchange glances and thinking 'how will they get in'. After the Maitre hurriedly left us, my other half walked over to a table by the window and took it. Best choice of the night. Our waiter, who was also attending to all the other tables on our half of the room, rushed over and gave us two menus. I speak French but my other half doesn't. He nearly had to grab the guy by the sleeve to stop him and ask for a menu en Anglais. We got it, and ordered. He even recommended wine for us. The starters came out in a nanosecond. Before the wine, even, which was odd. We were enjoying our starters when I overheard a French woman complain that her scallops were cold. The server took them back. I also noticed that the couple next to the table where we would have sat STILL had no food....and were not happy. Our mains came at a phenomenal speed as well, and were mediocre. The menu said chicken with roasted potatoes but my other half got fries. He wasn't happy about this. But as usual, our waiter was going MACH III and it was hard to stop him, let alone talk to him. Because we had so much wine left (due to the rapid clip at which the food was coming), I asked for cheese for my dessert. When 27 minutes had passed, I flagged the guy and asked what was going on? He said it was my dish that was holding up the desserts. I asked if they were making the cheese in the back? He did laugh and apologized, but then flew away again. We mused how it woud be nice to have a lasso or something to get him as he flies by our table. I know other people had the same thought as they would watch him intently when he quickly breezed by our section. Another 20 minutes, and still nothing. Now I wish I'd had a book or something to keep me from wanting to finish the wine prior to my cheese course...Finally, after 50 minutes of waiting, the cheese arrived. We quickly ate and got out of there. Our waiter didn't come by to say thanks or good night. Despite the fabulous deal on price, the service is too inconsistent and the food too mediocre for me to consider this place again. Desolee.

• Visited April 2011
San Francisco, California
“OK but could be better with a little more attention to detail.”
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Went to this restaurant twice. Enjoyed it sufficiently the first time to go back again. This place always seems to be super crowded with locals so the service can be bad and harried. The people next to us didn't get there food in "forever" and were really complaining. You get an apertif, and a bottle of wine for two for free with dinner which includes an entree plat, dessert and coffee for 39 euros per person. The first night we got the rack of lamb which was OK, I've had better seasoned rack of lamb from Trader Joes. As an entree we ordered the potato pancake with fois gras it was excellent but luke warm. For desert my husband ordered the Crepes Suzette which was mediocre, (doesn't compare to the Crepes Suzette at Lena's in the D.R.) I ordered the chocolate cake thing which was just like what you get at Trader Joe's except for the carmelized sugar design on top, which was mostly just annoying. The second night we both ordered the Steak and Fries. It was pretty good but they were not generous enough with the sauce. The outside of the steak was seared in lard so it was done crispy and just right. The inside of the steak was perfect pink. It could all have been better seasoned, or like I said more sauce to give it flavor. The desserts were much to do about nothing again. The coffee was luke warm.

• Visited May 2011