“I wasn't sure at first but this was a very good choice”
Review of Le Berkeley

Le Berkeley
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Le Berkeley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6,140 of 17,292 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Description: Tucked away from the vibrancy of Covent Garden and London's theatre district lies the cosy and romantic Caf�� des Amis. We invite you to enter the warmth of our restaurant, and to experience exquisite French cuisine served with passion and finesse.
Arlington, Massachusetts
“I wasn't sure at first but this was a very good choice”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I had dinner solo on my last business trip to Paris. My first choice had no room, and I stumbled upon Le Berkeley and decided to give it a whirl.

They appreciated by 3rd-year High School French; asked if I wanted English, and suffered through my attempts to order with good humor.

The meal was quite good without being fussy at all -- worth a visit for sure.

• Visited September 2013

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco
“It's really hit or miss”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

If you read a number of the posted reviews, you'll understand La Berkeley. It can be solid or it can be a huge disappointment, all in the same visit. Some have commented on slow service--this is absolutely true, and they must be tremendously understaffed. One reviewer commented on fish that smelled bad -- the fellow at the table next to us sent his fish (swordfish) back with the same complaint. He asked for salmon instead and complained that that was too salty -- also a complaint of another reviewer.

I had an entree with champignons and haricots verts, and it was lovely. My risotto was also a success. My wife had the salmon and agreed it was too salty.

By Paris standards, the price is right.

It is definitely not a 5 star establishment. The reason to go to Le Berkeley is because you like a sidewalk cafe with a low price. And don't be in a rush.

• Visited September 2013
Kingston Ontario
“Superb restaurant”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I can say I have eaten at many fine dining restaurants, both Domestically (Canada/USA) as well as abroad (Germany/Dubai/France/UK). This is my favorite restaurant on this planet to date. #1. After a failed booking for dinner on a cruise, my missus and I stumbled across this restaurant late in the evening, and while I am sure they stayed open late, the service was exceptional, and our dinner, desert, and café afterwards were never rushed, and never compromised on quality. Made for a wonderful evening. I love this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
“Don't go there!!!!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Just got back. The meat was so bad (rotten) i threw up on the plate. Had to go (to threw up more in my hotelroom). Had to pay for it!!!!! Gave a big tip to point out how bad it was. With fever in hotelroom now. Im not a sueing person, but, really, this was so bad i should sue them. Will be in bed the rest of the trip.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Klaar2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“excellent food.great location.”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

For me and my wife this was an excellent place to go to;great menu with tasty dishes.my starter was King crab and avocado and main dish was the lamb shoulder .I loved both.the atmosphere was nice and cusy.outside was always our choice to set.

• Visited July 2013