“Go there for the shellfish platter, but only that!”

Le Bar a Huitres Place des Vosges
Reserve with
Le Bar a Huitres Place des Vosges is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,089 of 17,505 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Out of this world seafood platters, in terms of presentation and freshness. Very much worth the visit if that is what you like. Other than that, not worth the detour. Noisy traffic, not bad artichoke salad, absolutely minuscule portions of baby sole. The desert was a welcome surprise: Creme brûlé, chocolate mousse, lovely espresso. Pleasant service. €150 for 2 with wine.

There are newer reviews for Le Bar a Huitres Place des Vosges

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had lunch on a saturday. No resrevations, but the place is quite large. We got a seat in one of the side rooms with only a handful places. Very private. The waiter was fast and attentive. We had a selection of oysters from the large list of varieties. Quality was excellent. The wine list is a bit predictable but a good selection for reasonable prices.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This seafood restaurant was absolutely amazing. I had a 3 course meal, I had a cold smoked salmon/cod starter,followed by a special type of prawns( was delicious) . We had soup and baguette as a complementary pre starter. I had cream brûlée as dessert, this was the most amazing cream b I have ever had. The portion was huge,it was hard to finish for two of us. Vine was great too. Recommended if you want to eat nice seafood at a good price.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The most amazing food, wine and service on my first evening in Paris.
The escargots were awesome. And my confusion in deciding on choices from the vast menu(made easy to view on iPad) was expertly managed by both Alexis and Monique .
Although I have to return for my umbrella, I may have to try the soups au poissons.

What a wonderful evening on my discovery of Paris!
It is a must!,

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The appetizer was small, the lettuce was old and brown (looked cooked). The fish soup tasted like it was out of a can. The mussels were nasty, small and tasted terrible. We told the waiter who confirmed that the mussels were from Italy and were not of the best quality. The waiter made an effort and offered us champagne extra desert (very good) and charged us 1 menu instead of 2. Was very happy with the way they handled it.

1  Thank S J