“fresh sea food and good service !”

Le Bar a Huitres Place des Vosges
Reserve with
Le Bar a Huitres Place des Vosges is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,089 of 17,505 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

I have been twice to this place and although this restaurant belong a Parisian chain, they do have a nice service and serve good and fresh sea food.
The must of the house are the different variety of fresh oysters, crab and lobsters. Fish are also good.
They also have a large choice of wine fitted to sea food.
A little bit expensive though but quality guarantied.

There are newer reviews for Le Bar a Huitres Place des Vosges

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I like sea food and especially oysters and was attracted by this place for its reputation. Despite the decorations, the technology and the special effects... I was very let down by the food. for sure you can get better one in Paris at lower cost and in cozier places. I think they are try too hard to impress you. I had a crab and it was overboiled, too hard even to crack it. I think this is a place for tourist rather than a true parisienne restaurant

1  Thank Runaway55
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

The worse experience that I ever had. I was expecting much more. Food is good but when you receive such a bad service, does not even matter. We even left somewhere else for desert. If you don't speak French, better skip this restaurant. Felt not welcomed, waitress not attentive, not helpful with explaining the dishes. We ask for shrimp or lobster, she said fish is good!? Never pour wine or water,never offer extra bread,never smile,but on the tables with French speaking guests, service a la classe. Paris is city which is visited by millions of tourists daily, not all of them speak French. However, if you need to choose between McDonald's or this restaurant...go to McDonald's.

1  Thank Oksana I
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

My husband saw the restaurant on the Internet and booked online.

The food was lovely. We both had crab to start and shared a whole turbot. The turbot was huge and and cooked perfectly, we struggled to finish it all! My creme brulle dessert was flambed at the table and tasted fantastic.

The service was excellent and we thought the price was very good considering the quality and quantity of the food.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I went with my parents before our train journey from Gare de Lyon. We walked in wearing shorts and t-shirts, and were handed iPad menus. I ordered smoked salmon with toast, my dad ordered steak and my mum ordered a seafood platter.
My salmon was good, not the best I have had but still good.
The steak was probably the best beef I've ever eaten, not normally a fan of steak but that steak was succulent and tender, served with a side of mash.
The seafood platter was as expected, magnificently arranged, there was smoke coming out of the platter when the waitress placed it on the table, I guess for that price a bit of dry ice doesn't seem so extravagant. Seafood was fresh, I had some of the shellfish (not sure what they were, but guessing similar species to escargot) The platter was definitely worth the money, shame we had a train to catch and ate in a hurry (we dined for about 2 hours) 3 hours would probably be better for one to fully enjoy the platter slowly.
Steep price but definitely worth it.
Oh and the WC, that was the only toilet where there is an array of hand towels and six rails of toilet rolls in black and in white. Even that has a posh note to it.