“Wife's 60th Birthday”
Review of 16 Haussmann

16 Haussmann
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
16 Haussmann is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,970 of 17,885 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Excellent food and service, the menu choice was very well balanced,
We actually stayed at this hotel.

1  Thank BoroTrippers

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was told about this restaurant by a friend who told me that this place is pricey but definitely worth it. He couldn't be more wrong, the price for 2 including wine came to 150 euros for food that was very average. The pasta was soggy and filled with gungy prawns while my girlfriend was given smoked salmon with melba toast and whipped cream. The service was also slow and they got out main courses mixed up. The saving grace was the dessert which was actually delicious but not enough to justify the bill. Also me and my friend who recommended this place to me are no longer in contact and last I heard he was in hiding in Nepal. Go someplace else and spend your money more wisely than I did.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was staying at the Ambassador hotel on Hausmann and being a rainy day on 26th evening I thought we will give it a try and was pleasantly surprised with teh quality of food and service.
Innovative entrees like seared Tuna with Noodles and some great desserts like the applepie..

1  Thank snoopdawg1
Reviewed September 17, 2012

ate here for lunch today 17/09 service was good but very slow and it did not seem too busy, ordered a glass of white bougoulais, firstt time tried it but was great.

for the amuse bouche was like half toased sliced bread with something like hoummouse but was quite tasteless.

for entree i took the creamy eggs which lived up to the name being soft boiled egg yolks served in the shell with some unseasoned whipped cream 3 finely chopped bits of chive and a slight taste of nutmeg.. on first sight i was slightly suprised as i diddnt exopect it too look the way it did it look amazing.. like 3 boiled eggs and soildures. then i went to dig in and got a mouthful of the whipped cream which was quite ewww, so i scooped the cream out and eat the egg yolks with the soildures.. quite a dissapointment.

for main i took the beef with maccaroni and crispy onions. the meat was cooked perfectly and the sauce was great . the onions were perfect and ffrankly i thought the garnish was a bit pathetic two bits parsley. however this was served with maccaroni which thank god was serrved on the side. my maccaroni was almost completely raw, im a chef so i know al dente' but thhis was way under al dente' with some grantinated golden cheese on top - minus the pasta the cheeese was nice!

for desert not quite sure what i had was like a snowmany thing but by that point i jsut really wanted to leave but it tased nice apparrt from the garnishes of sauce on the plait which you couldnt event taste.

whilst here i noticed the chef sat in the restaurant most of the time chatting to some what id guess would be critics however i think he was more needed in the kitchen.

i guess its better our food was served whilst he wasnt in the kitchen as im sure it would have been 10xs better if he was in there????

i think

Camille G, Responsable du Restaurant at 16 Haussmann, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Guest,
The 16 Haussmann team and our Chef thank you for sharing your experience at our restaurant in September.
Your detailed comment will help us improve the quality of the restaurant. Please be assured that our team work for the satisfaction of all our guests.
Indeed our chef would come to meet his guests to always understand their need and check their satisfaction, he is eager to deliver the best and he is terribly sorry to have missed this opportunity with you.
Our new menu is out since September 26th, we would be pleased to welcome you soon back at the 16Haussmann!
Feel free to contact us directly and our team will be delighted to respond to all your expectation.
Best regards
Bertrand

Reviewed September 11, 2012

because they told me it was excellent, i found the food average.
i preferred the lobby sandwiches of the Hotel....