“Exquisite Vietnamese Food in the Heart of Paris” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lac Hong
Ranked #1,174 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Trocadero
Fiscardo, Greece
“Exquisite Vietnamese Food in the Heart of Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

This restaurant was a stand out in our two weeks in France and Spain. We've eaten well everywhere but this along with a small spot in Saint Emilion really stand apart. For starters, the chef/owner came out to talk to us about what we like to eat. Do we like seafood? Do we eat meat? Do we like ribs? etc...She then asked us to trust her to make a dinner tailored to our desires.

Well it was the best game of trust that I have played in years. The food was spectacular. It was in effect a tasting menu so each course was not too large. We started with a Vietnamese Crepe filled with seafood -- crispy on the outside but scrumptiously moist on the inside with a fish sauce added at the table. This was followed by an exquisite spring roll course and amazing grilled ribs. The final course before dessert was a piece of fish cooked in a delicate broth topped with a lemongrass, scallion and ginger garnish. The meal was topped off with perfectly ripe mango, papaya and pineapple.

Our charming hostess/owner/chef, Tuyet Thi Ky, popped out of the kitchen several times to make sure we were happy. We are contemplating a return on our last night in Paris which says something given the plethora of choices here. Don't be put off on the location as it just a quick walk from the Victor Hugo or Kleber metro stations.

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Schwyz, Switzerland
“One of the best Vietnamese restaurants outside of Vietnam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

I first encountered this place in 2001, when working on a project nearby. 13+ years on the food is as good if not better than what I remembered. The ingredients are fresh, the dishes savoury but not salty, spicy but not hot, lots of distinct flavours that complement each other. I had tamarind and prawn soup, boned grilled chicken with lemon grass and sautéed seasonal vegetables, and everything was nicely balanced. The table next to me had lots of seafood (and quails with a salt, pepper and cinnamon crust), and while I didn't taste any of it (!), it still smelled and looked incredibly nice.

It's a family run place, and while you shouldn't expect luxury fittings, it's nice that there are fresh flowers on every table and the service is very attentive, with the owner/lady maître ready to help with choosing dishes that go well together. It's also pretty small - I didn't count them, but I'd say there are about 40 seats, so remember to book in advance. French and English - and of course Vietnamese - spoken. Prices are reasonable for Paris - and the food is well worth them!

• Visited March 2014
서울, 대한민국
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I stayed France for biz trip on February and I found this restaurant via google map searching. I was a lucky guy!!!! This restaurant was excellent and I could enjoy delicious Vietnam foods! And very kind owner! Would recommend!!!

Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Very good food and interesting conversation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

We had pho and mixed vegetables. Flavors very good and authentic. The owner/chef will translate the French-only menu for non-French speakers (like us) and is very fun to talk with.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Best Vietnamese food EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Came in late, had simple pho soup. Just the best, beat anyone in New York. The lady boss cook by love and heart. I really enjoyed the food, atmosphere in this little restaurant.