“Once in a lifetime experience”
Review of Tour d'Argent

Tour d'Argent
Ranked #701 of 18,348 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is an a once in a lifetime experience.
Your party is personally escorted up the elevator to the table. Our view was the river and Notre dame. The service was amazing as we had children who they made feel very welcome.
And the food. The duck was perfectly cooked and juicy. The sauce is rich and delicious and compliments the duck perfectly. They also bring the duck levels which tasted like tender carnitas. They just fall apart in your mouth.
If you come to Paris please make this part of your Paris memories.

1  Thank DolphG
Write a ReviewReviews (1,477)

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This restaurant, being the oldest in Paris it is a museum to eat at and it is called "a Paris institution". Fantastic views of one of the best locations in Paris along with "royal" reception and first class service make this place an unique eatery and tourist attraction. My family and few friends went to this restaurant for lunch. Reservation is definitely required as all tables became full quite fast. I booked a table two weeks ago (and they charged my credit card for Euro 200.00 to confirm the booking). And this was for lunch on Friday. For dinner (where men need to wear jacket) would be more difficult to book and if you wish to dine there you better plan it well in advance. As expected the French cuisine was delicious and there was a wide selection of wine to go with it. If you can afford it, go for it. You will talk about it for some time.

2  Thank AmirMohsen32
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Top dollar for what has become a stuffy and inflexible dining experience. Even a small ask, like a soup from the tasting menu draws a terse negative. It's too bad, had gone years earlier and La Tour d'Argent was the standard by which all other dining experiences were measured. Locals appear to have learned this, everyone seemed to come from out of town. Try Jules Verne in the Eiffel Tower instead, better food, view and service...

5  Thank Robert F
Reviewed July 4, 2013

For any visitor to Paris lunch at Tour d'Argent is the experience of a lifetime. The view of the Isle d'City & Notre Dame is breathtaking. You will never wonder - not even for a monment - if you are anywhere except the very heart of Paris. Yes, the food is wonderful. What to order? Duck, duck and more duck. Don't miss this historic eatry.

1  Thank Adam C
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Without a doubt, this was the best food experience I had while on vacation in Paris. By the way, I had also eaten at Gordon Ramsay's 2* restaurant at my hotel only two days prior. I'd like to think from eating at several classy restaurants around the world, that I've acquired a palatte requisite of the French cuisine that awaited me in Paris. Upon arrival by taxi at La Tour, we were greeted at the taxi by the staff, and from that point on, exemplary service was the foremost thought on my mind when I thought of the staff. We waited in the welcome room for our table, and were escorted by another staff member to the lift, which if you look closely in the waiting area near the lift, you'll find photos of famous guests to have previously graced La Tour D'Argent. Upon arrival to our table, our waiter greeted us and kindly informed us as to the procdure and menu for lunchtime. From that point, the food took over our senses, as we dined on some of the best food I've ever had in my life. For this restaurant, you can choose from either the a la carte or set menus, of which we chose the latter. Every single dish brought out displayed a sense of pride, love, and hard work that goes into creating such a range of flavors that were so pleasing to the mouth. In this category, the presentation was at the same caliber as Gordon Ramsay's 2* Michelin restaurant. Ingredients used were fresh, and cooked to perfection. It would be difficult to describe the taste of each dish we had, but in short, there was no dissappointment here. Be advised, if you are coming here only to have a fancy lunch, that's fine, but French cuisine is certainly an acquired taste to the normal American palatte. With this in mind, I certainly had no issue, wheres my girlfriend found one of the dishes (the duck) a bit strong for taste, as she's used to chicken; but all was taken in stride, as all of our dished exceeded expectation for taste. The cheese selection was on point, as well as the in-house baked mini baguettes. All in all, the experience of being there, and having the amazing view of the Notre Dame cathedral was an experience that we'll never forget. Oh, and it was expensive! lol

2  Thank Joaquin03