“Pretty Place but not memorable”
Review of La Table Lauriston

La Table Lauriston
Reserve with
La Table Lauriston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,847 of 17,611 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Trocadero
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This place was a fairly long taxi drive from our hotel ( The Westin, Rue de Castiglione ) in a quiet almost suburban neighborhood. The decor is lovely, service attentive but the food was very expensive and nothing to rave about. I can think of many other restaurants in Paris that are more memorable.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My wife and I ate here on our first night in Paris after a very long day. I'm reading other reviews and I must say, I'm quite surprised by the negative comments on service. We walked up without a reservation, just stumbled into La Table because it was very close to our hotel. We were warmly welcomed, found the food to be excellent, the wine most excellent, and overall, our experience was delightful. Don't know what troubles others had, but we left satisfied, full, and happy customers! Based on our experience, I would highly recommend this restaurant, especially if you are in several of the nearby hotels.

1  Thank Gregory L
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I visited La Table Lauriston after a full day of travel from St. Tropez so we were exhausted. We were very warmly welcomed by the host and shown to our table and we were well looked after during our entire meal even though there was a decent amount of people in the restaurant. We started with two glasses of champagne which were delivered immediately. We told the waiter that we wanted to space out our meal and he honored our request. I ordered the grilled shrimp and my husband ordered the Foie Gras as a starter. The prices were about in line with what I would expect from a nice Parisian restaurant. Both starters were delicious. The grilled shrimp was cooked to perfection...not translucent but also not rubbery. My husband's Foie Gras was delicious. I ordered the fish which was cooked very nicely and was a sizeable portion. My husband raved about his meal as well, which was the veal chop. It was cooked just as he ordered it and he loved it... in fact, he is still raving about it. The wine list was sizable with decent price ranges. I do not know Parisian or French prices on wine in a restaurant but I definitely felt that the bottle that we ordered was worth every penny. Because the wine list covered many different wine regions and price points, we took the waiter's recommendation and we were not disappointed. In fact, because of the decent range of wine prices and regions offered, we paid less for the bottle than what I would pay in the US at a restaurant for a Bordeaux. (Yes, even with converting from Euro to USD.) We left the restaurant with a warm send off as well. It was fantastic!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our family of four ate at La Table Lauriston based upon the recommendation of the nearby Renaissance concierge and we were not disappointed. We started with escargot and calamari, both of which were outstanding. The calamari was truly amazing. The wine list was excellent but I selected a few glasses instead of a bottle and was not disappointed at all (except perhaps in the remarkably steep price). We had the prawns, sea bass, a steak and the tuna. With the exception of the steak (which was surprisingly marginal), everything was excellent. Desserts were excellent as well. The restaurant was largely empty when we arrived at 8pm but several other tables filled up by 9pm so the atmosphere was quite pleasant as well. We spoke French solely based upon memorized phrases but the owner was quite helpful and made a point of warmly thanking us as we left. Overall, this was a great dinner and a warm welcome to Paris.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The staff in this restaurant is condescending, rude and off putting. The food is decidedly second rate.

2  Thank lrh65