“Don't Bother”

Origins14 - La Regalade
Reserve with
Origins14 - La Regalade is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #598 of 17,892 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Between old zinc, tiles and parquet floor, you enter here the authentic Regalade created by Yves Camdeborde in 1992. This embassy of generosity and humanism, as defined by the regulars, marks the starting point of the great history of The Regalade. It is in April 2017, after 13 years of operation by Bruno Doucet that Ollie Clarke, young leader of British origin ensures the succession. Ollie keeps the spirit of the Regalade. He emphasizes the cuisine of the "countryside" inherited from his mother, by sublimating in particular the trimmings that surround the meats and fish carefully selected from French producers.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

WORST meal of my life! Highly recommended and the wait staff was so friendly until our meal came overcooked and burnt...then their attitudes changed and they were nasty and not willing to turn a terrible situation into a more pleasant one. Expensive meal and left starving. Don't bother!

3  Thank Stephanie L

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Recommended by friends, we too would say go! Small restaurant in the 14th arr., lovely food and service. The staff was most helpful. A reservation is a must. Went on a Thursday nite and restaurant was packed by 8. We enjoyed all we ordered. Reasonable too.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had an evening there with a friend from Australia and we all enjoyed it very much. Although my daughter found the non-meat selection limited, the rest of us appreciate the free paté at the beginning and the splurgesque eat-as-much-as-you-want rice pudding at the end. Especially me, rice pudding being one of my favourite deserts. The waiters were friendly and efficient, given the Friday night crowd, without rushing us out (e.g., we had to ask twice for the bill). The place is very popular so I failed to secure a table twice since this memorable meal. I cannot remember anything about the wine, though. (Not that we drank much, so this is not the reason!) The only drawback is that the place is most often full, hence rather noisy. But this is the principle of a bistrot, after all!

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Hands down, the best restaurant I visited while in Paris. The food, service and decor worked beautifully together. We started with the terrine, brought to the table as a treat while you wait for your first course. I had the scallops in lemon and basil oil, served cold, and then the crispy pork belly with fresh spring peas. For dessert, do not miss the grand marnier soufflé - it was the best of the three we tried.

Hard to get into and a bit removed from central Paris, but I will absolutely visit again. Amazing.

1  Thank brooklynapt
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Great fixed prix menu, the terrine served with bread is lovely and sets the scene for the rest of the meal. Everything we ordered was excellent and the staff were really helpful. We booked our table for 7pm and it was full by 730 withmany more turned away at the door so make sure you book. My only mistake was not to order the grand marnier souffle, ordered by my partner, so I had to watch him eat it - even more annoying.