“Top ten place to visit in Paris” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Poule au Pot

La Poule au Pot
Reserve with
La Poule au Pot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #347 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Les Halles
Description: Open all night from 7pm to 5am , you are welcome in an authentic 1930's restaurant where stands a beautiful old "zinc". Do not be surprised to meet international stars because the owner Paul Racat who looks after this Parisian institution has built a solid reputation.
Brooklyn, New York
“Top ten place to visit in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

The authentic French food and experience while in Paris. This is a must visit place. I went there with friends. We all ordered different things. I have to say that every single dish was outstanding. I started with a drink made with real champaign (cocktail type) and was awesome. To bad that I don't remember the name. The fried Roquefort cheese as started was fantastic. I also ordered the dish name as tha place, la poule au pot.. I love soup, but this one is a simple dish that cab either bring your childhood memories to kill any illness. From the moment that they bring the soup to while you are eating it is a complete experience. But note to ourselves, this is a place to visit not in a rush. Is a place to sit down and relax for hour. We had a show to catch and we couldn't stayed longer. :( the ambiance is great and the people that works in there are so professional and will make you feel at home and have a great experience. I will definitely recommend this place and looking forward to come back when I visit Paris again.
One more thing, this place is open from 7pm to 5am. I recommend that you make reservations. The place is so good that it is always pack.

3 Thank Marjorie S

Florida
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Recommended by Marriott Rive Gauche as many of the other restaurants were closed on Sundays. Was very good experience. I had scallops that were almost as good as the crime brûlée ! Husband had beautiful lamb shank. Staff was charming. Pay no attention to nasty comments by some others from America about this place. I am sometimes very embarrassed about how badly Americans behave because of their own lack of experience in other cultures. Don't pay them any mind. As in most places, you will be treated perfectly here . . . Unless you come in looking down your nose. Be polite and you will be rewarded with a beautiful French dinner and excellent service. C'est tres Bon!

1 Thank Softsoutherner
Tyrone
“Excellent food to die for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my wife went to this highly recommended restaurant,we didn't have a booking,but they made room and we got the last table which incidentally was on a Saturday night.we had the onion soup and goats cheese for starters,then followed by scallops for myself which were cooked perfect,my wife had the chicken vegetable dish which she enjoyed immensely,we shared their fantastic creme brûlée,finished of by a bottle of red wine(45euro) that our waiter recommended.it was worthy of every cent the whole experience,great service,a total French restaurant for those who love French food at its best

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Decktyrone
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big surprise and a great treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

We almost passed on the place - didn't realize it was such a great restaurant because it looked like a small hole in the wall. We were intrigued by the La Poule Au Pot (chicken in a pot) so went in. When we asked why there were brass plaques on the wall - we were told they were the names of famous diners. Bruce Springsteen, Alice Cooper, the Police - have all dined there. The service was amazing, the waiters were helpful and ignored our poor French and last but not least - the food was great. Highly recommend the Poule Au Pot, my daughters had the salmon and the pepper steak - all enjoyed it immensely. Will be back soon.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lam157
London
“Typical French Bistro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Very friendly service and large portions of good quality typical Bistro food. Slightly regretted ordering the eponymous "Poule au Pot" as it was huge and raily average - whereas there were some delicious and smaller offerings in front of other diners !

Visited February 2014