“The perfect lunch!”

La Petite Sirene de Copenhague
Reserve with
La Petite Sirene de Copenhague is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #827 of 17,407 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Albany, New York
“The perfect lunch!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful lunch today at Le Petite Sirene. We were greeted by the owner, Peter Thulstrup, like honored guests in his home. The restaurant is very cozy and the food was superb. When I mentioned that my parents made herring when I was a child, Peter immediately began discussing the recipe and brought out an incredible platter of the delicacy! The menu of the day, gravlax, red snapper and creme bavarois was an outstanding value and the ala carte dishes were also reasonably priced. There were five of us, including a ten-year-old and we all agreed it was one of our favorite restaurants ever. As we were leaving, Peter gave us a copy of a book he has written with magnificent recipes and pictures! A most memorable experience.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Laurie S

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Food! Excellent Chef! Excellent Service!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We found this lovely restaurant not far from our hotel. We had no reservations but the chef, Peter Thulstrup, welcomed us warmly. I prefer small restaurants because usually the chef focuses on what he/she knows well and does not try to offer all things to all people. This restaurant proved to be what I had hoped for --the fish was delicious, cooked perfectly. My daughter had the chicken dish which she thoroughly enjoyed. The bread was hot and delicious. I had a chocolate cake dessert with warm chocolate center -- it was exquisite. All in all, an excellent Danish meal at a reasonable price considering this is Paris. The chef was very nice, friendly and personable. He went out of his way to make my daughter and I feel very special in his restaurant. He came to our table many times to make certain every thing was fine and that we were happy with our meal. This was our best meal and best company of our entire one-week stay in Paris. Definitely a great find!!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Rosa G
Los Altos Hills, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“lovely lunch”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Both my husband and I had lunch here yesterday, opted for the set menu of the day, and didn't regret it one bit. Elegantly presented. Fresh and high quality ingredients. Pleasant environment. We would return often if we lived here. Shall return next time in Paris.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Buzby1996
“The best!!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

What a wonderful find! The food was the best we had in Paris and the owner/chef was so warm and welcoming!

• Visited February 2013
London, England
“The best restaurant in Paris is.......Danish!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Ok, there's not really one best restaurant in Paris, but if I've been there a month this trip and if I lived there permanently I go to La Petite Sirene every week.

We started with the best herring I've ever had. My Scandinavian dinner companion agreed it was the best she'd ever had too.

Her lobster salad was fresh and light - refreshing.

My scallops were very nice. But the star main course was the salmon à unilateral - cooked slowly on one side through sea salt, so that the top of the fish was incredibly tender. This fish literally melts in your mouth - you don't really have to chew it at all.

We hesitated about dessert - we've been to too many good restaurants lately and it's showing on our waistlines. In the end we shared a moelleux au chocolat and it was the best ever. Topped with delicious home-made ice-cream.

Peter the chef/owner is very attentive and charm itself.

The room is warm and cosy with a Scandinavian simplicity. My usual bug-bear – too much top-light – was a little bit in evidence, but the overall experience was so superlative from beginning to end that I couldn't bring myself to suggest to Peter that he turn the dimmer switch down just a little and let the candles on his tables do more of the lighting.

Dinner for two, with a glass of wine each, was around €130 which at this level of culinary perfection is a bargain.

Go!