“Very Good”
Review of La Maree

La Maree
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
La Maree is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #641 of 17,515 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I went to dinner with my husband and a business colleague. The service was exceptional! The waitstaff was very accommodating and spoke English to us, even though everyone spoke French at our table. The food was very good, we had the sea bass for two, it was displayed amazingly, and delicious. I had the foie gras for a starter and was very pleased. It was very pleasant and enjoyable experience and the atmosphere was great.

There are newer reviews for La Maree

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We went there for Christmas Eve, having pre-booked. We were met by Stephanie who was very friendly and confirmed our booking. We had chosen the Christmas menu at €89 each.This included a glass of Bolinger champagne each, and a bottle of wine between two - we chose one red and one white. The red was a 2007 Chateau Fourazade, Saint Emilion Grand Cru.
The first course was a delicious salmon tartare appetiser [which is not as slimy as you think]. This was followed by langoustine ravioli, also very tasty. For my main course I decided to be adventurous and tried deer. It was a great choice, the meat was very tender and the sauce really complimented it. My kids had the scallops and a bite confirmed that was as delicious as my own dish. The cheese course followed, and it ended with a chocolate mousse pudding with a gingerbread biscuit base.
Now for the service - excellent throughout. It was attentive without being obtrusive, water was always topped up and empty plates were cleared away - not so quickly that you would think they were in a hurry - juts great timing. Very polite, and were happy to acquiesce to my daughter's request for blue cheese which was not on the original cheese board.The waiting staff were all smartly dressed and guess what, they were all French! There wasn't a single thing that I could find fault with the service. Impeccable!

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

We were here in 2012. And we are the visitor in there. As a Chinese couple, I actually can't read the French menu, and they don't have a English version. The manger came to us and try his best to explain every single details to gst is a perfect dinner. Service is beyond great. And food is good too. So in 2013 dec, we decide to go there again, it seems the ppl that work there in 2012 is no more working there. I tired to ask the manager some question but his look is like he's talking to some stupid. Any how, no one ever try to talk to is about the menu or even ask us is there any question about the menu. Food is not that good compare to before. But I'll say is still okay. As for service, a normal food court has better service than the night I went. Sorry, I wouldn't recommend the restaurant.

2  Thank EllaL533
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We were in Paris for just one night and wanted to go to a seafood restaurant with some friends who didn't want anything pretentious, where we would have to over dress and think of where to put our elbows. We just wanted a nice relaxing dinner in a truly Parisian establishment, somewhere close to the hotel where they were staying. This was our choice. I found it through a comparison of various websites and mostly the reviews were to my satisfaction. We were seated in the upstairs area, and I spoke whatever French I remembered (usually more after a couple of drinks) and ordered our food. We shared appetizers and had baked fresh sea bass if I am not mistaken. Overall the dinner was lovely, the atmosphere was nice, the food was splendid, and it was exactly what we wanted this occasion to be. Would definitely go back.

1  Thank Vonkhan
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Nestling in a very chic Art Nouveau building designed by Labro in the 8th district. FIlled with locals from the neighborhood, this restaurant, recently taken over by passionate gastronome Pascal Mousset, offers a seafood-based menu which changes according to the rhythm of the seasons and the flavours of the moment. The bouillabaise c'est magnifique! The wine list is one of the restaurant's key assets. There were a few odd notes, like rather inexpensive flatware but it didn't interfere with the enjoyment of my meal.