“excellent french cuisine at a good price”
Review of La Maison Courtine

La Maison Courtine
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
La Maison Courtine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,686 of 17,770 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Diner, French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montparnasse
Description: La Maison Courtine, proche de Montparnasse, vous accueille dans une ambiance chaleureuse du Sud qui se retrouve dans les couleurs de la decoration ou les tons oranges se melangent au vert et au jaune, et une salle au mobilier traditionnel qui privilegie l'intimite avec des tables bien separees. Vous y serez chez vous, gourmets et gourmands, reunis autour d'une cuisine traditionnelle du marche d'une jolie creativite, sans cesse revisitee.
Reviewed November 3, 2010

Light and modern interior.

Excellent french cuisine and well presented food.

I ate: goose foie gras with toasted bread, squid and shrimp sauteed with mixed vegetable (really tasty!), warm chocolate cake and pistachio cream.

Good value for money in Paris. Recomended.

1  Thank ritafant

Reviewed June 7, 2010

If you are looking for "haute cuisine" at a modest price, this is the place. Atmosphere and presentation were great. It does have the Michelin "Gourmand" rating.

Reviewed July 26, 2009

Went a few weeks ago at La Maison Courtine, this was my 3rd and definitly last visit in this restaurant.
The menu has not changed for the past 3 years, so absolutely no innovation for this chef. Food is ok but finally quite basic, the same kind of food you can easily find in any brasserie in Paris, but for 50% less.

Service was neither friendly, nor professional, especially the manager who was very pushy in selling his "Wine of the month" and was chatty with some customers, but didn't care at all about us ... We were an "international table' and nobody from the restaurant was speaking correctly english or any other kind of foreign language ...

Finally, found that this restaurant was a big deception, food was once again ok, but didn't meet the excpetations of a "gourmet restaurant" ( around 50 EUR per person without wine ) ....
Would not go back in the future ....

1  Thank BricedeParis
Reviewed June 12, 2009

Amazing food and service at a fair price. 39 Euro for a main course, desert and starter. The beef melted in my mouth and the strawberry soup I had for desert was mouth-watering. Really special.

1  Thank Curracloe
Reviewed October 19, 2008

We had a very good meal here recently. The food was excellent and the prices reasonable for Paris. It is attractive inside. The only problem was that we were overcharged for the wine. I pointed this out to the person who took our order and despite the fact that the name of the wine that was on our bill didn't match the name that was on the bottle he assured me that they were the same. I speak enough French to know how to read a menu and a wine bottle and frankly felt somewhat insulted that he didn't even check the menu to see that I was correct. I imagine that he knew we were tourists and didn't expect return visits so it was not important to him. On the way out I picked up the menu and showed him his mistake and received a somewhat apologetic smile but nothing more. The difference in price was seven euros and I wasn't willing to ruin my night by making a big deal about it but he should have insisted on changing the bill. Certainly, I wouldn't return there on our next visit to Paris. This is too bad because it really is a good restaurant. If you go, watch your bill.

3  Thank jmbmfb