Tripadvisor
Paris

“Amazing food even better service!”

Restaurant La Gauloise
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: 15th Arr. - Vaugirard
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Me and my girlfriend went here for a romantic dinner that was within walking distance of the Eiffel Tower and wow what an amazing experience. The food was great, and the escargot was to die for. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and spoke perfect English which was a relief (she actually had a bachelors degree in Spanish and English). The atmosphere was also wonderful as long as you go before 8:30 ish, around then it starts to get busy and got a little loud, but otherwise no complaints. 10/10 would recommend to everyone looking for a great restaurant in Paris and will definitely go back when I am in Paris again!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (555)

Reviewed December 1, 2019 via mobile

On the way to Eiffel Tower, we decided to find a restaurant off the beaten path of the typical tourists to find genuine French cuisine that is not priced accordingly to tourists. La Gauloise is within walking distance to the Eiffel Tower. We were attracted to the restaurant due to its authentic French offerings and stylish interior that makes it feel like you have taken a time machine a couple hundred years back to a French Bistro. I ordered the escargot and coq au vin. Both the dishes that I ordered were very good and priced moderately (reasonable in my opinion). The service was great, our coats were taken upon entering, English menus supplied to us, and a waiter willing to inform us on dishes we have never heard of before. Such welcomeness made us want to try everything on the menu!

Great food, I loved dining here.

- Ansel Ponce Diama

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 5, 2019

This was my first French restaurant in Paris to visit. Everything from the service (we spoke little French, and they spoke little English), to the food, to the atmosphere, to the table setting was absolutely perfection. The Coq au Vin was the best thing to ever touch my lips. I have no earthly words for the potato dish that accompanied it.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed November 4, 2019

Food-excellent
Service-Friendly ,charming and our server ( Pettina?) made terrific recommendations
Atmosphere- Reminiscent of 1940’s/50’s Paris- dark wood, red accents and oh so charming.
We will return!

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed November 1, 2019 via mobile

Convenient location. Fair environment and reasonably good service, The main dish we ordered were typical French dishes and they were well prepared and up to our expectation. It's a value for money choice!

Date of visit: November 2019