“Typically French lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Fregate

La Fregate
Reserve with
La Fregate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #975 of 16,854 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Lethbridge, Canada
“Typically French lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I really enjoyed my meal here - had the tomato and mozzarella salad and the pepper steak and fries along with a wine chosen by my oenophile traveling companion. Rotting grapes to me, but good grapes, obviously.
Busy at 1:30, but good service and the food was tasty and well prepared.
Traditional and typical. I was looking for it and I found it. I enjoyed it.
There are many similar restaurants, with similar menus, similar prices and similar service. This one was as good as any and probably better than some. I would eat there again, but with so many like to choose from, I probably wouldn't cross Paris to find it.

• Visited January 2013

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
london
“great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

went sunday lunchtime and although busy the service was good. The steak was great and the waiter chose us cheeses which were fantastic. overall a lovely place

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ams2900
“No view, bad service, pricey.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We came here after reading the reviews, and after we finished our meal we were left wondering what these reviewers were talking about. You can't see the seine from the restaurant, you see the side of the louvre (not much of a view) and that basically sums up your review. I had onion soup for starters which was okay. My brother asked for oysters and they brought him fish soup instead when he told them the waitress said they were no oysters and then my brother asked another waiter and he said they had oysters and he would bring it right now. My brother didn't get his oysters and ended up having fish soup. For the main my lamb was extremely chewy and it was almost like they took a block of fat and put it on the plate. My brother had scallops and shrimp (only got 3 shrimps and a few scallops) and it cost €30. Coca-cola for €9. This restaurant was not reasonably priced. The food was okay the only thing that stood up to the reviews was the dessert. Also the wine prices by glass were ridiculous.

Yoknapatawpha
“Classically French”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is a lovely traditional brasserie on the banks of the Seine. The view is magnificent, the decor is classic French brasserie (lots of red and gold)', the service is impeccable. The food is not particularly complex, adventurous, or subtle but it it is wholesome, hearty and delicious. The French onion soup is particularly good - and immensely filling In short, good value and a French classic.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank QuentinYoknapatawpha
Orlando, Florida, United States
“A welcome escape and a quick lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

We enjoyed a quick lunch here on a cold day. We were seated quickly by a courteous gentleman who spoke wonderful English. We enjoyed quiche Lorraine and crepes with nutella and a break from the frigid weather. The servers were kind and prompt and the food was good. The atmosphere is charming inside as well. Great if you need a quick bite to eat and an escape from the chilly weather.

• Visited December 2012