“Really tasty. Good location near Palais Garnier opera house.”

La Fontaine Gaillon
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
La Fontaine Gaillon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,636 of 17,155 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Paris
“Really tasty. Good location near Palais Garnier opera house.”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Ate here for the second time in April and only just realized that it is owned by Gerard Depardieu. I can safely say there are no signs of him in the restaurant, and probably less since he took out Russian citizenship to avoid the hefty tax rates in France these days. Anyway, food was great, service too. The only complaint was that we had booked one of the rooms on the ground floor for a large group dinner, and we were fairly crammed in - not leaving much space (if any) between diners.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank ParisFifi

• Korean first
Sarasota, Florida
“Superb Bravo Gérard Depardieu”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Was there during the time of the fiscal exile of the owner the immense actor G. Depardieu (Green card for the US readers.

It was excellent the "bar" (fish) was superb, and the dessert delicate.

The service was impeccable and waiters sustain the owner. The restaurant was full when other starred Paris restaurants I visited were quite empty.

Excellent valet Parking as it is the worstParis area to get a space. I will be less enthusiastic about Depardieu's wines stay with the traditionall ones. I recommend this classy non-socialist (oxymoron) , good starred restaurant, which is compared to others relatively affordable

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank gerovital
ann arbor, MI
“expensive classic french”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I had heard of this place over the years (owned by Gerard Depardeiu) and one day decided to try it (I had been to Drouant across the street so many times that I felt I should vary my pattern). The restaurant has a very pleasant courtyard filled with bankers in their suits being watched upon by the fontaine Gaillon and the interior is dark in a very formal french way. The food served was proper by uninspired and it is clear that they realize that half the french banking system is congregated around their restaurant and so the value is not too high (don't get me wrong the food is fine, it is that the prices are too high for what you get). The service is proper in a classic french manner. So you don't quite get what you pay for, but in this area I actually think it is one of the better high end choices I've tried (although I love drouant across the square). I doubt I'll return unless my wife says she must try it too.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank aagourmet
Barcelona, Spain
“depardieu secret garden :)”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

we were in the apple store Opera and decided to go for dinner somewhere close and fancy, so i put "oysters" in the google search and it got us to this beautiful garden with fontaine, amazing food and service - superior french cousine! next day my local friends said that it was established by gerard depardieu :) bravo!

Visited October 2012
Miami
“For me a very good place at all time”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I go there every time I am in Paris and I have to say, this time was exceptional. The service the food and the drinks, of course the bill, around 100 euros including wine. But what a feast for the "Palais". the classic fois gras, but the best this time was the crab. I had calmars because since they served seasonal dishes you have to enjoy them, and like this never get tired of coming. Unfortunately I wanted a "raie" but they had only one left so my guess took it. I had the classic Merlan Colbert and as always perfect. My dessert was the crumble but that was the only thing I would have not recommended from the menu. The service was especially excellent this time. A place I recommend with pleasure.

• Visited October 2012