“Best Crepe in Edgar Quinet”

La Creperie de Josselin
Ranked #1,416 of 18,840 Restaurants in Paris
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed July 6, 2016

Josselin is one of more than a half dozen on a single block of Rue de Montparnasse in the 14th and is by far the most popular. In fact, they have had to add an adjunct. Still, it's the best of all of them, with a nice dark atmosphere, a good bar and some really excellent and reasonably priced crepes. I do not, myself, care for the sweeties, so I go for the savory buckwheat crepes, but my visiting youngsters went nuts for the nutella and banana crepes.

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,805)

Reviewed June 19, 2016

I would recommend if you are in the neighbourhood. The savoury crepes were very tasty and not overly expensive. The vegetarian one was especially good. The place is definitely well-known as people were waiting in line to get in while the rest of the restaurants on the street were quiet.

2  Thank Skyla99
Reviewed June 17, 2016

I stayed in Montparnasse for a few days before a trip to Brittany, and was amazed by the number of creperies on Rue Odessa and Rue Montparnasse. We chose this place based on other reviews and it was awesome. It's small with old wooden booths, and it smells perpetually of frying butter, which is to say maybe don't wear nice clothes here if you can't air them out after? We got each got a savory crepe and shared a dessert crepe - I love that they make their own beurre sale (salted caramel!!). The crepes are light, fluffy but crunchy at the edges, with lots of filling. They absorb that amazing Bretagne salted butter so well. Each crepe was about US8-9 and more than filling. I also got a kir breton, which you can only really find in Brittany creperies, and it's a hard apple cider with cassis. It's delicious and goes perfectly with crepes! They don't open until noon, which did not jibe with our schedule; otherwise I could have eaten here for all meals of the day. After two weeks of traveling in Brittany, I can say Josselin is up there with the creperies in Bretagne (without the 5-hour train ride to the coast!).

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed June 16, 2016 via mobile

The place is very characteristic, in a medieval-ish style. The prices are a bit high but it is totally worth it! I had a nutella and banana crêpe, it was the best crêpe I have ever had in my life!

Reviewed June 9, 2016

The tastiesr crepes. Had the €13 lunch deal, excellent value. A savoury tasty crepe followed by a yummy desert crepe of six different choices and a drink. Excellent 10/10