“Great food, quick serving” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Chaumiere en l'Ile
Ranked #11,449 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Ile de la Cite / Ile Saint-Louis
“Great food, quick serving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed this restaurant very much. Quick serving, lovely spaghetti bolognese, and great service. Location was perfect, close to the river Seine, and some musicians stood on the corner, playing jazz at a comfortable volume :-)

1 Thank Christian F

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Food was mediocre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

We had no reservations at any restaurants and so on a Monday night we basically needed to find a place that was not busy in order to eat dinner...that was risky right there from the start. We wanted to stay on Ile St. Louie because it was where we were staying and wanted a short walk home in the dark. This place was basically the only place that was open and not full. We were seated immediately, menu was available in English, staff was friendly and polite. We went with the 30 euro fixed menu which was a 3 course meal. I had the foie gras and my husband, the onion soup, both were average. I had the duck breast in blackberry liquor cooked medium rare which was a big disappointment as the duck was incredibly chewy and there was absolutely no flavor to it nor the sauce it came with....might as well have just been gravy. The potatoes that came with it were the only thing good on my plate. My husband had the ox fillet and that was asked to be cooked medium rare...came out like rubber. It's sides of pommes frites and a small salad made the main course incredibly less than mediocre. The dessert was the highlight- the floating island was a block of meringue on custard with the meringue being scorched on the top- my husband loved it since custard and meringue are his favorites. I had the Crepe Suzette...I don't know, maybe I just don't like crepes but this was boring...just a thin pancake with orange flavored syrup poured over it....not terribly exciting. So overall on the upside, great service and location, on the downside, less than mediocre food. I would not recommend eating here unless everything else is closed or full.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Grch
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“A pleasant evening.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

We went for an evening meal here after a full day of sightseeing in Paris finished with the Notre Dame cathedral. The restaurant was very quiet (we were the only couple there) and could have done with some background music but the service and quality of food was very good. I had onion soup and a very nice salmon steak served with rice and salad and my partner had a beef bourguignon that she described as "the best meal she had ever had in Paris" (and she lived in France for 2 years!). The price was very reasonable for Paris, 38 Euros although we did not have any drinks other than the usual free tap water.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brisbane, Australia
“Rip off!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

While this place looks reasonable I have nothing more to say other than 6 Euros for a glass of wine squirted out of a cask is outrageous. The name is well hidden but just across the bridge from the Marais on the right hand side.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank QueenstownFan
Melbourne, Australia
“Good honest food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We ate there twice as we were staying just down the road in an apartment. As some reviews have said it is not upmarket. Inside it is pretty crowded but has a good atmosphere. My beef was very good both times but once my wife had lamb chops which were pretty average. The service is good and pleasant. The prices are quite reasonable and you will have an enjoyable time.

• Visited October 2013