“Wonderful Small Restaurant”

La Cerisaie
Ranked #1,200 of 16,978 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Montparnasse
Sewickley, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Small Restaurant”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

This place is one of our favorites. Cecile serves 11 tables with efficiency, but what comes out of the kitchen is just short of fantastic. We've had three or four meals here and will go back again, and again.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Tim M

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Once again I fall in love with La Cerisaie”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I adore this restaurant. The food (du sud ouest France) is outstanding. I could list all the yummy things to eat but at this restaurant you could pick anything and not go wrong. The service is superb, friendly but measured, thoughtful. Even though there are two seatings (7:30 & 9) we have never felt they were rushed at 7:30 because they time servings very well. And going at 9 is so romantic. The wine list is absolutely terrific. Count your blessings if you are lucky enough to get a table here.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Andiamo_38
Ottawa, Canada
“A tiny treasure”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This tiny spot seats 22 people - I counted - and you need to be okay in really, really close quarters, but if you can get past that, you'll likely be glad you came. Amongst our group of 4 our appetizers included the snails, egg en cocotte, and a cold tomato soup, and everyone enjoyed their choices. For mains, we tried the lamb, goose breast, fois gras and a fish special. Again, everyone enjoyed their dinners, although nothing caused eye rolls of ecstasy. A couple of the serving sizes were really tiny. I don't generally comment on serving sizes, but this was a bit out of the norm. I will say, though, that at €15 for each main, this stung a lot less than it would have in the many bistros that charge several multiples of that for far less tasty food. We had room for dessert, and were glad we did. The Roquefort ice cream with fig purée was outstanding.

Our server seemed a bit harried which I suppose makes sense given that every seat in the house was occupied, and she had very little room to maneuver, but she was pleasant and managed to stay on top of things. She cheerfully translated menu items for us, which took time I'm sure she couldn't easily spare. The 90 minutes allocated for the first seating caused things to feel a bit rushed. If you like to linger, go for the 9:00 seating.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank 613JoJo
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Excellent food and attentive service”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I made a reservation through my hotel. The hostess greeted me warmly and made me feel right at home. She speaks English fluently, and she explained any menu items about which I had questions. Delicious foie gras, and I had the squid special with rice. Finished the meal with a wonderful apricot crumble that was just a nice tartness in the fruit with the sweet crumble. Would go back.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank NMvoyageur
“A little gem”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

What a find! Small but super and lovely French food. The menu caters for all with fish, meat, game and vegetarian dishes. Try something different and you won't be disappointed and if you like truffle, then you have come to the right place. You have to book in advance and choose for 19:30 or 21:00 sitting - only 90 minutes for dinner but still worth the experience. We definitely recommend and we shall return.

2 Thank Wiltenburg