“Abysmal, keep a wide berth!”
Review of La Caspienne - CLOSED

La Caspienne
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I am astonished at other reviews of La Caspienne. No words can describe how bad this experience was apart from 'dreadful' and every synonym of said word. Indeed, the deco is very cute and romantic: Very much so which is why no doubt everyone falls into the honey trap, this is all this place has going for it. The matronly owner gave us one of the worst service I have ever known anywhere. Close to throwing plates on the table, never a smile, utterly ignored throughout the night! Baguette so old clearly re-re-heated in panini oven or the like. Moussaka made with (cheap) ketchup, resembled plastic. The lamb, onion, tomato casserole was bland, looked horrid, had 3 pieces of lamb (tiny, fat, cartilage). And this was served on the side of white rice with strictly nothing else (as otherwise mentioned on menu). The Baba Ganousj was completely burnt, as in chomping coal. Back to water: We had to ask over 3 times to even be acknowledged. Rose wine was just off vinegar. How this place stays in business is a mystery: The Worst dining experience in years and that on top of a romantic weekend in Paris. Needless to say that evening was a total write-off! Blacklisted forever.

2  Thank S E

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were there on a quiet night. Service was prompt, menus in English offered. The food was nice enough but forgettable. If my hotel was nearby I might eat here for convenience, but I would not go back for any other reason.

1  Thank CJunker
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Currently staying in Paris and would highly recommend this little gem. In the same street as our wonderful Hotel Le Six, it is a friendly and atmospheric restaurant with efficient service and reasonably priced food. I ate a tasty avocado starter and soft, beautifully cooked trout served with a delicious sauce, rice and spinach. The best value in Paris we have so far discovered. The only drawback for some might be that the tables are a little close together, but my husband and I didn't mind that at all.

1  Thank heybridge7
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This a Persian restaurant is a nice neighborhood. We came upon it by accident. We food was well prepared and service was great. Most of all the cost of a 3 item dinner was substantial less than any other restaurant in the Paris area.

1  Thank Richard W
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Arrived to an empty restaurant and was shepherded to a poor table. Despite no-one else in restaurant reluctant to give us a decent, non-cramped table. The waitress was clueless and unhelpful. The food was dull, poorly presented on tiny plates and lacking any flavours. I could write on and on but won't just strongly recommend best avoided....

1  Thank BiggestHank