“This restaurant has exceeded my expectation”
Review of L'Os a Moelle

L'Os a Moelle
Ranked #1,645 of 17,871 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I ate in this restaurant 3 years ago and this return visit has exceeded my expectation. It was very good then, but this time is much better. I can honestly say that it is one of the best restaurants in Paris. The cooking is superb and the taste is fabulous. I had the white fish (baked with almond). My wife had the seabass also baked. My daughter had the seafood in a pastry puff. They all taste great. I would recommend anyone to try it there. Make sure you make a reservation, otherwise, they will send you across the street to another restaurant. Bona petit.

1  Thank WonderguyToronto

Reviewed July 16, 2011

I have had dinner at L'Os a Moelle at least 5 times in the last 7 years. My last visit was back on June 29. I called the restaurant at 10 am that day and I was able to book a table for that same night.
Dinner was very good and you can't beat the price: $38 euros for a 4-course dinner.
Service was excellent, both host and hostess/ servers spoke English and were very helpful.
My only problem was the wine. I was by myself and they do not have half bottles. i ordered by the glass and the wine was not good. They can certainly do better.

2  Thank lgoncalves
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Good location, couple minutes walk from the metro. Wine bar across the road owned by the same people, looked a fun place to go with friends to enjoy the buffet. We just went for pre dinner drinks-had a great bottle of wine there recommended by bar man. Relaxed atmosphere here and in the restaurant.
Great tasting menu, good friendly atmosphere.

2  Thank Lockel
Reviewed December 31, 2010

I was invited to have a business lunch there in 2009 and we went through a soup, a one-course main meal, French cheese as the wrap up and a dessert.

The soup was tasty, but I cannot say anything more about it, because it was a very small dish. The dish I remember the most was the pea puree with beef steak and horseradish sauce. This is uniquely the best dish I have ever eaten in my life and just to taste it again, I will surely return again!

The only disadvantage was the fact that the portions were not large, but this is a standard in France where they want you to taste and return again for more. The service was very quick, but we went there around 1 pm, so no one was there.

The dessert and the cheeses were okay, but I were in heaven after tasting the main dish.

In general, I can strongly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to try great French food. For me, it was the best experience ever.

1  Thank d1gital
Reviewed October 23, 2010

We were so excited to share this restaurant with several friends who had travelled with us to Paris. We had made reservations far in advance, but when we arrived
ON TIME, we were told they had no reservation for us and immediately said
we must have mistakenly made the arrangements with The Caves Restaurant across the
street! We all trudged over there. It was THE WORST FOOD I have ever LOOKED at, much less eaten. It was horrible experience start to finish. And, we were terribly embarrassed along with it to have our friends who were anticipating a great meal, have to end up with the inedible family style whatever....So, Moelle is scratched from our list permanently! jeri from los angeles

3  Thank decorsuzanne