“Johnny62”
Review of L'Opportun

L'Opportun
Reserve with
L'Opportun is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,204 of 18,856 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montparnasse
Description: Located in the heart of the 14th arrondissement, close to the Montparnasse Tower, near the theaters of the Rue de la Gaite, The Timely you to discover the classics of Lyonnaise cuisine and meats of our regions. Served generously, all our dishes are homemade and prepared daily with fresh products by the Chef and his team.
Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

What a disappointment. The food was uninspired and lazy. The fries were overcooked...overrated and overpriced

serge a, Propriétaire at L'Opportun, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Thank you for your advice ! It makes us more than happy to know that you won't be back anytime soon at our place ! Our clients are honest and tell us what they thought face to face but apparently you are not use to this kind of honesty are you ? Good luck with this kind of behavior !

Reviewed April 29, 2018

Took 10 business guests here with partners. They put us in a side room which was private for our large group and the chefs daughter then looked after us all night. Service was first class.

The food ranged from great wholesome french flare, to an average "steak and frittes".
Some of the guests raved about their food, some of them said it was OK and had food envy of the others.

Generally a great night. Worth trying out as it not bad, not fancy, just good food and wine at a really good price with a chef who cares about his food and people.

Reviewed October 23, 2017

I have been to l'opportun before and have always loved it. everytime I go to Paris I try to stop by and eat the steak tartare with frites and the duck salad. On this trip, it was so good we went twice. Once for dinner and the other time for lunch. Both times were perfect and I was able to try the quenelle de brochet (amazing) and the rumsteck a fourme (also amazing). Staff is friendly, prices are very reasonable, the place is super quaint, and the duck salad is the BEST!

Reviewed July 6, 2016

On my way back from the Edgar Quinet market - with a live lobster in a plastic bag - my eye fell on the ardoise of Lopportun. The main dish of the day was a great favourite of mine: ROGNONS ... So I saved the lobster for the evening and had a typical Lyonnaise salad with lardons and a poched egg and the enticing kidneys that had served as a bait, with a carafe of pleasant Beujolais. At fist service was a bit terse; I had come towards the very end of the lunch, and perhaps the sounds made by my lobster in its plastic bag were disturbing, but when, instead of dessert, I asked for a Marc de Bourgogne, the ice was broken and smiles appeared. It was a very good Marc!
The cost for two dishes with wine and a(n outstanding) digestif was less then € 40:-.
Another safe standby has been added to my restaurant repertoire in this part of Paris

1  Thank Goeran S
Reviewed May 21, 2016

Very fair prices for a very good typical cuisine from Lyon.

I have to admit that the “Salade de pissenlits aux lardons et oeuf poché “ was one of the best I ever had.

The salad was cut almost like a julienne and everything was perfect. It’s a simple dish but so good. Chef Serge Alzerat gave us a warm welcome with his simplicity and humility despite his fame.

The place is simple too, juts like you would expect from a traditional bistro in France. I followed the salad with the beef with the peppercorn sauce (rare) and it was very good and very tender. I ended with the tarte Tatin and the crème covering that with a little Armagnac to close an excellent moment.

Highly recommended.