“Just what you'd hope for”
Review of L'Etoile - CLOSED

Cuisines: French, Contemporary, Bar
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We went on our first evening in Paris as it was just around the corner and just looked right. Service was friendly and obliging, food was great - have the tarte tatin. We went back on a couple of other days for a chilled out petit dejeuner

1  Thank Sarah A
There are newer reviews for L'Etoile

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We decided to have dinner here as they have escargot, which a must try while you are in Paris. It was the best decision I've ever made, as it's very special. However, with only 2 waiters around for this very busy restaurant, I think they should add more staffs, as they can not spend too much time with any guests.
Location is also very good, with a good view of the Arc de Triomphe.

2  Thank cclombok
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Such An incredible monument !!!Standing and seeing Paris flowing out of the star is a beautiful sight especilly the champs elysses. Beautiful gardens and mansions {embassies etc] surround ths impressive building as well as providing great views of Paris. Don't miss this icon of Paris.

1  Thank mac255100
Reviewed November 22, 2011

My friends and I chose to go to this restaurant as it seemed welcoming from the outside. Although the food was a bit expensive, we decided to stay. Unfortunately our waiter was not really nice. I wanted to change my main course (which was initially a simple salad) about not even 5 minutes of him taking our order. His reaction was appalling. He huffed and puffed a bit, and if it wasn't for my friends I would have left the restaurant. When we asked him about the ice cream dessert and how it worked he said he wasn't sure and had to check. Fair enough, perhaps he was new. When he came back he confirmed we could have a single scoop if we wanted and didn't have to choose the 3 scoops formula. But when he came to serve the single scoops we ordered he served us each 3 scoops, when we questioned him he made excuses and walk away. Needless to say, none of us felt like leaving a tip. I would never return to this restaurant and would not recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

My wife and I were staying nearby and came for dinner here as we were both hungry after a long day sightseeing. The restaurant has good views of the Arc de Triomphe. Service was good. The onion soup was very good, steak OK, cooked reasonably close to requested levels and desserts were well presented and tasty.

1  Thank eleathom