“Twice nice”

L'Auberge du Clou
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had lunch twice as we are staying in an apartment nearby. Great service, English menus, classic French bistro. Very good steak tartare. Also a good hamburger was had by one. Wine is reasonable price.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The two of us both chose the duck confit, and did not regret it. Excellent meal, good quality food at a reasonable price. Attentive, but not annoying, wait staff. We were made to feel welcome and were very well treated. Wouldn't hesitate to eat here again.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

We found this charming little restaruant one evening when walking from our hotel (Grand Hotel de Turin) toward Montmarte. It's located on a lovely, fairly quiet street and the atmosphere is warm and cozy. The staff are very friendly and although I've read some reviews that reported mediocre food, we liked it so much we ate there twice during our 5 day stay. If you are English speaking, don't worry, they can converse in French and English. When I asked if they would mind if I tried to speak French (because I needed the practice!), they were both gracious and patient as I did my best. We sat inside the first night and on our second visit we sat outside getting good service each time. I'm sorry that I can't remember exactly what we ordered because it's been several months since we were there but my son and I each ordered different meals and were both more than satisfied with the quality and the price. This was my son's first visit to Paris so he enjoyed asking questions whenever he could. The staff gathered around and cheerfully answered him and they all had some good laughs together. It really was a wonderful experience all the way around.

1  Thank Cyndi352
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I came here with a group of colleagues for a team dinner one evening during the week. The room upstairs has a lot of character with a nice fireplace and beamed ceiling. However, the service and quality of the food were not in line with the 'ambiance'. The service was slow and unprofessional (but friendly nevertheless0; the champagne we ordered was warm; the food was just above cafeteria quality (I had a 'pave de veau' which was one tough piece of meat); the wine was so-so. It really is too bad because the place has potential.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

Very generous portions, cheaper than most others in the immediate area, nice decor and good service. Worth checking out if you need pre or post Pompidou feeding.