“Very welcoming and charming with authentical french cuisine”
Review of L'Assiette

L'Assiette
Reserve with
L'Assiette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #705 of 18,464 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Montparnasse
Description: Old delicatessen Art deco reconverted to "Bistrot" while keeping her authentic decoration. Cooking of season with fresh products stemming from small regional producers. 2 Specialities dishes: cassoulet House and Calf's head Bucks up Beautiful owners' wine list.
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We planned to visit a few Restaurants/Bistros in Paris, all on recommondations, to experience more places where you find high class cooking in a Bistro style atmosphere.
L'Assiette was our first evening and definatley started off with a great dinner.
Once we were seated we got a plate of cooked ham with bread and salted butter, which was nice. We had a glas of champagne and then a tartar crevettes as an appetizer following by Ragout of St.Jaques and a steak, absolutely beautiful. For dessert we chose Soufflé au chocolat and creme caramel au beurre salé with our meal we had a bottle of Condrieu which perfectly accompanied our dishes. Desserts were again delicous. Nothing we could complain about. Definately a wonderful place!
Everything was cooked to perfection, nicely served but without unnecessary decoratinon the focus is on the product. Atmosphere was very relaxing, staff was really professional and always made us feel very welcome.
This was exactly what we wanted

1  Thank Riesling1

Reviewed December 29, 2011

I went to L'Assiette for the casoulet and it was simply superb.
Other highlight were the escargots that we ordered as an appetizer, Excellent. The pate du canard was also very good.
La lievre and the coquile St. Jacques as an entree were excellent.
For dessert our group tried the soufflé of chocolat, the babha au rhom and the creme caramel. All of them very good.
The wine list is unpretentious but well rounded.
In conclusion, the cassoulet is a home run. Go for it !!!

1  Thank enriquedemarchena
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Small restaurant in Montparnasse. All the dishes and service reflected the attention and pride of a fine chef. Very tasty with fine presentation . Reasonable prices for fine quality very French food. Our groiup (6) liked everything that we were served especially the escargot on croutons and a tasty Cassoulet served in a cast iron pot.

1  Thank diam0ndtraveler
Reviewed January 16, 2011

I was led here by a recommendation in the guide Lebey, which I have found generally very reliable. They certainly didn't let me down this time!

The relatively small restaurant has a nice ambiance - lively but not crowded. The service is excellent, friendly and welcoming. The price is a little higher than many bistro-style restaurants (70 euros for my three-course dinner, wine excluded) but the food more than merits it - it's excellent value for what you get. The chef trained with Alain Ducasse and it shows.

The highlight for me was a dish of scallops cooked in champagne, served with truffles and leeks. I'm fond of scallops and often cook them myself. This was the best dish with them I've had. The chocolate souffle for dessert was also great - refined and sumptuous.

Highly recommended! But don't all come at once - I want to get in too.

1  Thank SFRoss
Reviewed February 23, 2010

One does not stumble upon such place by chance, we were shown in by a friend who has been a long-time Paris resident. It is a small Parisian bistrot/restaurant (just five or six tables) featuring facsimiles of a handwritten menu and a long list of daily specials on a chalkboard.

True, it is more expensive than an average restraurant. However, this is accounted for by the supreme quality of produce and perfection of execution. Many of recipes are traditional South-Western, others are quite creative. My snails in foam with capers were adorable but my friend's scallions with truffles were a true culinary delight. As a main course, they made me discovered oilfish (escolier in French) which I loved. And the creme caramel for the desert was also exceptional.

The restaurant is open on Sunday, but closed on Monday and Tuesday.

4  Thank smartnik