“Top rated falafel sandwiches”
Review of L'As du Fallafel

L'As du Fallafel
Ranked #322 of 17,407 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Israeli
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Chennai - India
“Top rated falafel sandwiches”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have been here atleast 10 times and not once has there not been a queue outside - whether its in the afternoon evening dinner time! The falafel sandwiches are yummy - fresh veggiesm nice sauces and tasty falafels. If you choose to take away its 5.50, sitting inside is as always more expensive. They have a falafel plate which comes with 6-8 falafel balls, veggies, tahini, hummus, etc and you can make your own falafel sandwiches. They don't really charge for additional pita so if I go with a friend, we usually order this - its 14 euros and you can make 4 falafel sandwiches stuff it with watever you want and lick the yummy tahini and hummus off the plate at the end. It's total value for money and I really haven't had better falafel sandwiches in Paris. Their lemonade is good and a nice drink to go with sandwiches!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami
“The line blocked the street”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

It's probably one of the least expensive restaurants we visited in Paris, but one of the most original and delicious. Very simple concept, and low key, but what an experience. D E L I C I O U S.
Any thing you order must be good. We saw many people eating different foods, but everybody seemed excited and enjoying it.

Visited January 2014
West Orange, New Jersey
“Great food, crowded, great service - we loved it!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Several people recommended this restaurant and the general Marais area to us and were not disappointed.

It was packed so we sat all the way in the back next to several tables of other Americans raving about the food. My husband doesn't eat eggplant but he ordered a sandwich with chicken schwarma and eggplant in it and he LOVED it. The prices are so reasonable and they give you large portions. The waiters (I honestly didn't see one woman working there) speak every language there is and they laugh with you and make you feel right at home. Our 14-year-old daughter loved it as well. She said the falafel was some of the best she's ever had.

When we return to Paris, I'd go back in a second. Absolutely delicious.

“Good falafels”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Good value filling lunch/snack, €5.50. Quick service although there was a queue. I don't know if it's always like this or just a one off but I found the red 'spicy' sauce very very salty. Otherwise tasty falafels and great little salad/veggie bits

Perth, Australia
“One of the best eats you'll have in Paris!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

As a vegetarian, Paris was a bit of a tricky city for me to navigate, however, as a falafel fan I was keen to try L'As du Fallafel during our stay, and it did not disappoint! My two friends (who are not vegetarians) and I all ordered the 'Fallafel special' and we all REALLY enjoyed it. The place was packed when we got there, but we still managed to get a seat. For 8 euro the meal was great! They were incredibly generous with the amount of falafel they packed into the pita (after the first couple of bites when you're working out the best approach to eating the massive thing, every bite was filled with falafel and unlike usual, I didn't have to ration it to avoid being left with bread and salad at the end!) The falafel was crispy on the outside (I think they might fry it a bit more than they do back home in Australia) but moist and flavourful on the inside. Good amount of salad too. As someone who is not big on mayo/dressings, when I was first handed it, I thought the amount of dressing may have been a little excessive, but it turned out to be completely fine. The ratio of all the ingredients was great and service friendly. I would definitely return if I went back to Paris.