“Fresh and fabulous”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Our Paris trip, we went to several Michelin restaurants and L'Arpege is one of our choice. We went there for lunch and the restaurant are all packed. We know they have their own farm and all their vegetables are delivered everyday from their own farm. Therefore, they have lots of dishes are made by their freshly vegetables. If you are vegetarians, you must love their dishes.

The setting and decoration of their dishes are beautiful and nice.

We didn't take their tasting menu, we just ordered a la carte.

The best dish that we love most is the duck. That's amazing!! My husband and I love it so much and even we back to Macau, we still miss it much!! This is the "must order" dish!!

I thought that I can have a chance to meet the owner Chef Alain Passard but we have no luck this time, we was in his Singapore trip.

I hope next time when I go to Paris, I will have a chance to meet this wonderful chef.

1  Thank Clara Pet C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,050)

Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Prepare yourself for a gastronomic extravaganza (skip lunch if you're going for dinner). We took the tasting menu for food and wine and were blown away by the explosion of flavours, daring mixes, creativity of dishes, and artistic presentation. Staff very attentive and all spoke excellent English.
A memorable experience.

1  Thank heatvascq
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We went there for lunch before museum Rodin. Food was so incredible!! Staffs were friendly and very high quality service. Every single dish was perfectly beautiful and delicate. I'm so happy to be here. And my favorite is mille-feuille with rosemary ice-cream. Love it!!!

1  Thank Thanya H
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was our first experience in a three star Michelin restaurant, and it was amazing.
We went there for lunch (120 EURO - fixed menu) which for us was much more affordable than the diner (320 Euro - fixed menu).

I think the best way to describe the time in the restaurant is as participating in show, where your task is to taste the food, will everyone around your is at your service. This is a long show (over three hours) and with many surprises (which include multiple items which are not part of the menu).

The food was truly amazing. The menu includes some 7 dishes, but we receive probably double this number, with many surprise dishes. The lunch started with a "gazpacho" like soup with a celery ice cream, which blended perfectly. It is amazing how at this level everything is seasoned perfectly (and asking for salt or pepper would be a huge insult, but it is never needed).
As for the vegetarian cuisine, first there are a few non-vegetarian dishes (we had 3 out of the 15 or so) and you can tell them any restriction you have and they easily accommodate.

Many of the dishes a highly innovative, one that I recall is zucchini with whipped herring fish.
I am adding pictures of some of the dishes (started tacking pics only half way through).

Finally, reservations are a must, but we where able to get a reservation only two weeks before.

3  Thank YM2000
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was very anxious to experience a cuisine that focused on vegetables (albeit without being completely vegetarian) and still managed to keep it's 3 michelin stars. My wife knew this an booked a table (months in advance) for my 50th birthday.
I can write a long story or keep it short: quality of food, taste, creativity, service, entourage, wine, everything is just excellent and probably the best I have ever experienced.

I had a wonderfull evening at l'Arpege.

7  Thank Gourmand_nl