“One of the best Roast Chicken resto in the City”
Review of L'AOC

L'AOC
Ranked #1,641 of 18,464 Restaurants in Paris
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
Description: l'AOC is named for those important little letters you find on your bottle of wine, not the grands vins, but the darned drinkable ones of more quotidian price. This small, welcoming restaurant is like a proper country eaterie, but in the heart of lively Boulelvard St Germain. There are tiles on the floor, charming prints and cookware adorn the walls, yet white tablecloths and smart service. You generally choose your plate of mixed starters, charcuterie and the like, from the buffet laid out on the polished antique chest-of-drawers. Then move on to one of the wonderful grilled dishes that are the speciality of the house. As you might suspect, the wine list is well worth exploration.
Reviewed October 4, 2011

LAOC is my go to roast chicken/roast pork/escargot place in Paris. Very reasonably priced with an extensive wine list. Service is good. I cant remember getting an english menu everytime but the waiter patiently translates the menu for me-everytime. Interior is typical parisian bistro but very relax and not at all crowded. I wont stop eating at this place anytime im in Paris.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

I went here with a group of friends. The food was delicous, we each ordered something different off of the pre-fix menu and tasted each others. 1 of the 6 things wasn't so good (can't quite remember what it was), but the rest were great. The items that came in a big pot were the best!

However, beware this place is pricey. It was about 50-100 US dollars per person. I'm not sure that it was THAT good.

Service a bit slow, but its France.

Reviewed September 10, 2011

This restaurant has really gone down. We live in the neighborhood. My husband ate there last year and rather enjoyed it. But we recently ate there again and were very disappointed. The seating was uncomfortable; lighting poor yellowish; we gazed on stacks of dirty dishes throughout the whole meal; the waiter was nice but he had to be considering that we waited one hour between the two courses (for roasted meats that were already cooked). And the meat was dry when we finally got it. Served with dried out potatoes. You'd be better off going to "Chez René" right around the corner.

4  Thank julia g
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I have eaten at L'AOC three times over the last few years..I have had one great meal there and two that were merely good..... On our last visit we were sad to see that the excellent fois gras no longer came paired with the nice , fruity wine . You must order on the side at extra cost..The service was snippy and a bit aloof from the old time waiter of a certain persuasuion, though his collegue was very nice. As usual the rib steak for two was HUGE..( good) and VERY rare though we wanted it served a point ( spelling?)..The potatos are great and a good wine is available at decent prices . We had bad luck on our second visit with the indivisual steaks but you can do no wrong with the big boy . The roasted bone marrows are also delicious..
All in all a good place for meat ...Better if you are French where you will be dotted over..If you are a mere American struggling to order in French you will notice a certain bemusement perhaps..though nothing malicious..
My recomendation for beef, value, great service and a far friendlier vibe is Boucherie Rouliere: French clientel, excellent , warm service( especially when you return) and great beef, escargot and wine in a much more convivial atmosphere.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

Looking over my receipts and my credit card bill after returning from a week in France, I realize that l'AOC ranks as the best value among all the restaurants I tried. Roasted meats are the specialty here--you can see them roasting when you walk in the door. The terrines are brought to the table in large pans for you to slice yourself, the roasts are succulent, and the desserts are what your French grandmother would have made, if you had a French grandmother. Except for me, the clientele on a Saturday night all seemed to be locals. I received a warm welcome and attentive service even though I arrived alone and with no reservation.