“a bit too pretentious”
Review of L'Absinthe

L'Absinthe
Reserve with
L'Absinthe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,274 of 18,356 Restaurants in Paris
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Description: L'Absinthe is a "bistrot de cuisinier", a cooks' bistrot, firmly modern. The menu is entirely created, tested and produced in the restaurant's kitchen. Every single task from the slicing of vegetables to the seasoning of sauces including the filleting of fish, is executed in situ from A to Z. Each dish conveys the creative family spirit at the rate of the seasons and inspired by their different journeys around the world. The restaurant's interior design will also make you feel this travelling and dynamic atmosphere: you will eat in setting which is a mix between a typical Parisian bistrot and a loft in New York.
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We should not have taken our children.
In a beautiful neighborhood. I expected to experience
a much better meal.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Good food, although I was a bit surprised by the Asian accents in my main dish. Friendly and professional staff, very aware of the mostly non-french patrons.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This restaurant is a few blocks from Place Vendome. One snowy evening, my grand daughter and I both ordered Gratin de Macaro which was pieces of lobster with elbow macaroni with a delicious sauce. It was filling and we ware glad we skipped a starter. For dessert K ordered a waffle with several sauces. My baked apple was tasty. With a bottle of water and a glass of wine bill was 89.50 euros. Good service and pleasant surroundings.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Has a long zinc bar, original tiled and huge railway station clock floor. It ia a charming neo retro bistro, where absinthe was all the rage. Offers traditional seasonal dishes, delicious and tasty, in a very good location.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I had dinner at L'Absinthe on Friday 14th December. Whilst our starters and desserts were quite good, our main courses were hugely disappointing. My wife ordered veal and rice, which whilst flavoursome, was considerably dried out and stuck to the base of the dish. I ordered the rib eye steak (cooked medium rare). This turned out to be a very poor cut of meat which was very tough and near on impossible to cut, and when I say very tough, I mean VERY TOUGH. I politely informed the waiter that my steak appeared to be tough and his solution was to bring me another steak knife. I had no joy with the new knife. Another waiter brought me another knife (no joy again) and then another knife (I now had a selection of knives on my plate!). Finally the head waiter/manager brought me a serated knife which enabled me to saw through my steak. All of the staff now seemed happy that I could finally eat my steak! I was left with throbbing hands and knuckles from tackling my steak. The worse steak that I've ever had in my entire life.

2  Thank MacerJulia